Borrowing household items for the garage

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
How many of you have ever borrowed a household item for something other than its intended use and taken it out to the garage? I'm guilty of a towel, or two, finding its way out there. Also have sacrificed a number of the wife's spatulas for mixing paint. But my favorite was this: I had taken my wife's seriously heavy duty turkey roasting pan, and used it when I was changing the oil as a catch pan. When done, I washed it out, and used it to cook the turkey a week or so later for Thanksgiving (no one cooks the bird in my house but me!). Got lots of compliments on the meal from the family. However, when I revealed what I had done (big mistake), you'd have sworn they all thought I had poisoned them.
Bunch of lightweights!
:rolleyes: ;)

How many of you have ever borrowed a household item for something other than its intended use and taken it out to the garage? I'm guilty of a towel, or two, finding its way out there. Also have sacrificed a number of the wife's spatulas for mixing paint. But my favorite was this: I had taken my wife's seriously heavy duty turkey roasting pan, and used it when I was changing the oil as a catch pan. When done, I washed it out, and used it to cook the turkey a week or so later for Thanksgiving (no one cooks the bird in my house but me!). Got lots of compliments on the meal from the family. However, when I revealed what I had done (big mistake), you'd have sworn they all thought I had poisoned them.
Bunch of lightweights!
You just seasoned the pan...they need that now and again.

Bunch of lightweights!
At least the family was probably good for another 5,000 miles 😁

Oven gloves are good to pick up hot nuts ( no comments please ) Kitchen knives are always good I did use a couple of freezer bags over my hands when I had run out of rubber gloves

val-turkey.jpg

We had a great pair of scissors in the kitchen for years. My son borrowed them to use while installing a Nautolex floor in his boat (there were three pairs of scissors in my tool box). He didn't wipe them off after getting some glue/ epoxy/ adhesive from hell and they dried like that. We were never able to get those things clean again and even tried using a wire brush on my grinder without luck. Of course, the boat floor came out very well so you count your blessings.