Bosch 67655 fuel pump

Crossing my fingers for you! You're smart to have used a credit card.

I've bought from TH Motorsports a lot in the past though and they've never done me wrong.

Well this was kind of expected, but it sucks. I got an update email that they cannot get the fuel pump.

Guess I'll have to try my luck with the Delphi FG1353

• Sad
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Well this was kind of expected, but it sucks. I got an update email that they cannot get the fuel pump.

Guess I'll have to try my luck with the Delphi FG1353

Did you put in the Delphi yet? How did it go?

I'm pretty sure my fuel pump just kicked the bucket and I can't find the Bosch in stock anywhere.

The entire fuel pump assembly is not needed, you can replace just the fuel pump itself. The fuel pump also contains the check valve to cure the problem with a bad/leaky check valve causing slow starts in the morning.

This Bosch fuel pump fits all 97-04 TJs. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BZL922/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Sounds like (judging from the reviews) it’s not as easy as it seems to disassemble and reassemble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid around $145 for the whole Delphi assembly. I can't predict the future, but for the last few weeks it's been perfect. I feel better with the Delphi unit than some off brand I've never heard of.

About to change mine and I’m obviously not going to find a Bosch. Delphi’s still holding up?

Also only a couple of months into the replacement, but have had zero problems (once I sorted out the EVAP leak that I inadvertently caused while replacing the fuel pump).

Reactions: ShawnG55
My Delphi unit still fires right up, no problems so far.

For what its worth, I installed a Delphi FG1353 in my 2000 Wrangler in July. It worked great at first, but after less than 3 months I'm back to the long crank problem. I bought it through Amazon so I'll see if they will warranty it, but I'm really not looking forward to doing the job every few months.

Reactions: Chris
For what its worth, I installed a Delphi FG1353 in my 2000 Wrangler in July. It worked great at first, but after less than 3 months I'm back to the long crank problem. I bought it through Amazon so I'll see if they will warranty it, but I'm really not looking forward to doing the job every few months.
Did you try priming it first before cranking? may not be the pump, could be the check valve on the unit on top of the pump

Did you try priming it first before cranking? may not be the pump, could be the check valve on the unit on top of the pump

Yes. If I cycle the fuel pump a bunch of times before trying to start the Jeep, it will fire. Its my understanding the check valve was part of the Delphi module I replaced. This is the part:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MBI3H7C/?tag=wranglerorg-20

It looks like the old Mopar part number for the module has been superseded. The "new" part number looks to be RL012952AE.

If Bosch made the original OEM module assembly (the Bosch 67655), it would be interesting to know who is making the updated version? At about $380, its not cheap from Jeep.

https://www.moparpartsonsale.com/oem-parts/mopar-fuel-pump-rl012952ae
VEHICLE FITMENT

MakeBody & TrimEngine & Transmission
2001 Jeep CherokeeClassic, Limited, SE, Sport4.0L L6 - Gas
2000 Jeep CherokeeClassic, Limited, SE, Sport2.5L L4 - Gas, 4.0L L6 - Gas
1999 Jeep CherokeeClassic, Limited, SE, Sport2.5L L4 - Gas, 4.0L L6 - Gas
1998 Jeep CherokeeClassic, Limited, SE, Sport2.5L L4 - Gas, 4.0L L6 - Gas
1997 Jeep CherokeeCountry, SE, Sport2.5L L4 - Gas, 4.0L L6 - Gas
2002 Jeep WranglerSE, Sahara, Sport, X2.5L L4 - Gas, 4.0L L6 - Gas
2001 Jeep WranglerSE, Sahara, Sport2.5L L4 - Gas, 4.0L L6 - Gas
2000 Jeep WranglerSE, Sahara, Sport2.5L L4 - Gas, 4.0L L6 - Gas
1999 Jeep WranglerSE, Sahara, Sport2.5L L4 - Gas, 4.0L L6 - Gas