Boss Audio ATV Sound Bar - Any reviews?

JoshNZ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi all,

The audio system in my Jeep is crap. Crappy speakers up front and no overhead units.
The head unit is a nice Bluetooth JVC piece but is the only thing that kicks up a fuss when wet (and it'd be much better suited to my other car)

I don't technically have a roof (it's stored about 20 mins away at the moment) but I prefer to be with out it anyway, even if that means I might get a little wet or muddy... it's all part of the fun, right? (I love my Jeep because its more side by side than car, I hate practical cars)
The no roof (or doors) also means a lot of wind noise, so I need some volume to overcome it.

So, rather than a "marine" head unit and "marine" speakers, I'm thinking about getting one of these ATV sound bars.
Now I'd like to get a stock Jeep soundbar, but little chance of finding one on this side of the world, plus I still need a head unit to run them, so not an option.

I'm going to be in the states over Xmas, so thinking of gifting myself one and bringing it back in my suitcase.
Among many brands for similar units, it seems to be the best balance of cost and reputation - I'm not looking for high quality audio, just a good system.
I'm fine with just Bluetooth and all the other operational details.

I'm just curious if anyone has seen/owns one, and can comment on if they like it as a product or not?
Cheers

Mine is a bit of a Mongrel (mixed breed) Bought different bits at different times when they are on special.
I have a VDP six speak soundbar in mine ...swapped out the 5inch speakers for some better Soundstram ones and packed it full of speaker insulation.
Slimline Pioneer sub under the passenger seat.
JBL's up front with a Kenwood head unit...seems to work well.
I havnt heard an aTV speakers system actually going....

Reactions: JoshNZ
Mine is a bit of a Mongrel (mixed breed) Bought different bits at different times when they are on special.

I was planning a pieced together set up, but decided one waterproof unit to handle input, amplifying and speakers would be much simple

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I was planning a pieced together set up, but decided one waterproof unit to handle input, amplifying and speakers would be much simple
Fair enough...Have you heard one going ?...do they sound 'tinny' …(no bass)