Bottle Jack Buddy

I've been meaning to make something like this for several years. $38 to buy one feels excessive.

This is what I’m thinking but wasn’t sure if there was even a market for this. It seems like something I could make but I dunno anything about welding.

• Wow
Reactions: Plumber1
This is what I’m thinking but wasn’t sure if there was even a market for this. It seems like something I could make but I dunno anything about welding.

I don't know much about welding either beyond getting stuff to stick together, but I could make a bottle jack axle cradle out of scrap in a few minutes.

Reactions: rasband
If you really want to get fancy with your bottle jack, take a look at this site.

https://safejacks.com/

This is my version and no, I would never sell this kit commercially. It was made by my buddy and I for ourselves.

F99B761C-6C6D-4549-8FC1-5DE8E2CCCCDC.jpeg

The base has since been updated to this.
1884A745-397F-40C2-BE1C-653EB5AC89D7.jpeg

you still need the tube
I think I still don't get it. I mean I see how something like this would help situate the jack before you start lifting. But that's not hard and I don't see the benefit after that. Since it just slides onto the bottle jack's own saddle what's to keep it from sliding back off if the Jeep wants to shift around? I openly admit I'm ignorant, that's why I'm asking.

I think I still don't get it. I mean I see how something like this would help situate the jack before you start lifting. But that's not hard and I don't see the benefit after that. Since it just slides onto the bottle jack's own saddle what's to keep it from sliding back off if the Jeep wants to shift around? I openly admit I'm ignorant, that's why I'm asking.

it’s better than a Bottle Jack by itself

Reactions: Daron and Zorba
The tube on the saddle/cradle fits over the jack. Nothing can slide off.

Reactions: rasband and Zorba