Bought a Jeep on a whim

Nice! I have the same year Sahara. Looks like she needs some love (as did mine, and still does) but a good start!
Congrats, let the spending begin!

Great start! I saw that you mentioned it wouldn’t crank on the first try every now and then. I bought mine a few weeks ago and ended up being a bad fuel pump regulator in the fuel pump inside the tank. Might be worth looking into if it becomes more frequent.

Welcome! I'm new here as well and happy to have you join in!

You mentioned lights. The lights on these things are objectively miserable. A couple common and cost effective options to put out a lot of light are Truck Lite LEDS, the Toyota upgrades, and upgrading to JK headlights. All can be done for less than $100 and all provide meaningful QOL and safety while driving. I went with Truck Lite knockoffs and if I started from square one I would do the same again.

See here:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/jeep-wrangler-tj-led-headlight-upgrade-options.538/

...........and I ALWAYS wonder why people cover their license plates in pics, WHY ??? you drive around with them, and park everywhere with them every day ?? Enlighten me !

I agree…. In fact with a temporary regi your name and address are hand written On it a scotch taped inside your windshield. Why bother covering the plate number when the world can see it every day.
Depending on the state, your info can be public based on the plate number or the person/entity asking. For my part, I had my California plates blocked (confidential) at the DMV for many years up until recently. Had all of my DMV paperwork sent to a PO Box too. Sometimes it's just to make it harder for someone to be a stalker. If you've had a stalker, you'd understand. Sometimes it's -fuck you- I don't want you to see my underwear. I walk around with boxers on and sometimes people see them. Doesn't mean that I actively want people to know what color my chones are. The State that I live in now has a County code prior to the plate number so just by looking at my plate you could tell what County I'm in. Maybe that's a factor. What's actually alarming is when people put their HAM call sign as their plate. All of the info associated with that call sign (at least what was submitted) is available in a few seconds online.

Pretty much EVERYTHING is available within seconds online.