Bought another TJ

Sparty

Just got back from buying my second TJ. 2004 Columbia edition. I’m told by the seller that it is actually a “TJ“ from Canada, and not a “Wrangler” per se. The fender sticker seems to bear that out. Does anyone know there are any differences between US and Canadian market Wranglers besides the names, DRLs, and metric measurements? I didn’t notice kilometers on the speedometer but I think the gauges might not be stock. I only took one picture. I’ll will post more after I pick it up on Wednesday.

DBFCFDE3-986A-403D-8E6F-D1344E7C68EB.jpeg

Very nice looking TJ, clean too!

The Canadian models have different taillights, DRLs, and maybe a few minor things (such as speedometer in KMH).

Very nice looking TJ, clean too!

The Canadian models have different taillights, DRLs, and maybe a few minor things (such as speedometer in KMH).
We have the same taillights, just different badging on some models (no TJ Wrangler’s) metric instrument cluster and DRL’s. Not positive but I don’t believe we ever had a satellite radio option either. Oh, the 4.0L’s up here were 300 hp.

ok, I made up the last part😁

We have the same taillights, just different badging on some models (no TJ Wrangler’s) metric instrument cluster and DRL’s. Not positive but I don’t believe we ever had a satellite radio option either. Oh, the 4.0L’s up here were 300 hp.

ok, I made up the last part😁

Okay, then it's the export models (non-North America) that I'm thinking of with the different taillights.

Reactions: Squatch
Whoever fixed the picture, thank you! It is very clean considering this Jeep spent 26 years in the salt belt of Canada and Michigan. Got a patch of rust on the drivers side by the rear wheel well and one of the fenders has rust but that is to be expected. How come it seems no two jeeps have rust in the same spot? Some have it in the rear. Some on the side under the door. Or the body looks good but the frame is made of iron oxide. This one the rear wheel well. The owner was selling it because the bottom of the windshield frame was rusted pretty bad. I didn’t tell them that is my project this weekend, fixing the rust of the window frame of my other Wrangler.

Reactions: matkal and Squatch
Okay, then it's the export models (non-North America) that I'm thinking of with the different taillights.
I have an export TJ. The rear lights have an extra separate circuit for the turn signal and another for brakes. Also, the stock Hella headlights have a little bulb for night parking. Also, the export model only has one downstream O2 sensor, none at the pre-cats. Besides those items and a metric instrument cluster, they appear identical in every other way. It does have the pre-cats and the main cat before the muffler. I would be interested to see how my export TJ compared against a US spec'd model in an emissions sniffer test. I'll wager a dollar mine would pass US specs. Maybe not in California, but I'm not going back there again.

Reactions: Zorba and Chris
If you looked at a carfax, it would show the speedometer / odometer replacement and conversion when it was imported.

Reactions: Chris
More pics (appear to be sideways, like original, ugh)
A quick update... Picked it up yesterday. Seems a little squirrelly side to side but handled Michigan's bumpy roads real smoothly. Temp and oil pressure were good the whole way home. The Voltage seemed a little low. Like the white gauges except they seem very dim. A/C worked perfectly. Love the fold and tumble back seat. Need to find some front fog lights, the originals are missing. Need to replace many light bulbs on the outside. The speedometer and temp gauge are in MPH and Fahrenheit, but odometer is in kilometers. So what I thought was a 196,500 mile Jeep is now a 122,000 mile Jeep! Will have to look into if gauge cluster was replaced on import back to US. Has DRLs.

B290B4DA-2E70-4DBF-AB05-4EC4EF203AA7.jpeg

C456B9A2-B54C-4358-901D-F35A9E3602E8.jpeg

644B1B39-69BD-452C-8267-589EC1FF27A0.jpeg

I believe they have the wider fender flares in grey only.
Nice Jeep !
I believe they have the wider fender flares in grey only.
Nice Jeep !
Only Rubicon and Sahara models have 1" wider flares. They are grey though.

Columbia Edition - 2004 only
* 4.0L I-6 engine
* 15-inch graphite painted aluminum wheels
* Unique graphite fender flares
* Fog lamps
* Columbia badging
* Dark Slate Interior
* Two-tone seats with the Columbia logo
* Silver painted instrument panel accents
* Available in Black, Bright Silver, Flame Red, Solar Yellow and Patriot Blue