Bought my first Jeep, '01 Wrangler Sport

Mousy Orla

TJ Enthusiast
So I'm new to Jeeps, didn't know I wanted one until I had to drive a lot at work. So after work on Friday I bought an '01 Wrangler Sport (5 Speed) and I love it. I had been in the market for a mid-late 80's Toyota SR5 Xcab pickup but the market on those like most things right now is terrible.

I joined here for trying to connect specifically with the TJ Jeep community and to learn from y'all.

This Jeep is gonna really need some TLC, first up I need to track down the strong bouncy feeling to either my shocks or springs, but I'm thinking of putting some Rancho shocks on and seeing it that fixes it. Also the steering feels a bit floaty on the road, so I'll put it up on a lift aft work and check it out. I also need to find some replacement vinyl windows as mine are quite hazy to the point, I can't see anything out the back.

Still, I love this Jeep so far and can't wait to find a local group or even just local legal places to off-road some eventually.

Oh, temporarily fixed my vent rattle with some cardboard, need to get a more permanent fix done to it when I have time for less important things like that.

IMG_20220205_092529.jpg

IMG_20220205_092512.jpg

IMG_20220206_141356.jpg

IMG_20220206_143718.jpg

IMG_20220207_124245.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Thanks everyone. I had been going back and forth for a couple of months to get this Jeep, I saw it on our lot one day in the mirror as I was backing a car out of my bay at work, and kinda got a little obsessed with it.

I do plan to get better rims when I can, preferably something better for off-roading and something black.
Personally, I wouldn't add more black to a dark color Jeep.
Besides, I thought the whole black wheels on every Jeep was a JK thing. ;)

Personally, I wouldn't add more black to a dark color Jeep.
Besides, I thought the whole black wheels on every Jeep was a JK thing. ;)
IDK what exactly I'm planning for my rims, but the ones on my Jeep now are in need of replacing but that's lower on my list of things. I need to go by the salvage yard and see if I can get a jack, as I need to double check but I'm 99% positive it's not in the Jeep 🤦‍♀️

I did find a box of locking lugs with the key under a seat that I don't plan to use lol

I think I've now put around 1,000 miles on this Jeep and I absolutely love it. My partner hated the Jeep until I replaced the shocks (They were absolutely dead, likely OEM factory installed originals by the look of them) with Ranchos. I've replaced the leaky valve cover gasket myself too and it runs great. My partner does love riding in it, says the view from the front seat gives you a view of everything around you, like being in an aircraft cockpit.

I did finally get around to getting my rather generic looking veteran tags on the Jeep. I still have yet to put the soft top down, just a bit lazy I guess. I have a list of minor fixes and upgrades, but nothing major.

My partner now sends me Jeep pictures when she comes across ones out and about, especially ducked ones (Still hadn't been ducked, guess my TJ is too old to duck? IDK, IDC lol)

IMG_20220421_120626.jpg

IMG_20220411_161457.jpg

IMG_20220406_094356.jpg

IMG_20220406_094346.jpg