Brackets to install 98 TJ back seat?

nicksjeep

Currently have no brackets or anything needed to put a seat in, only the seat itself. Can’t seem to find correct brackets and hardware needed to install the seat. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

image.jpg

Hey nicksjeep, are you sure that is a 98 Wrangler back seat? I have a 97 and mine looks a bit different, without that rear bar. But I am not an expert.

I just got brackets and a seat and installed it. This guy's video was helpful in showing what you need and how to install it, you can even see where the seat belts attach:

From my recent experience, these are the mounting brackets you will need:

Screenshot 2019-01-11 at 9.07.35 PM.png

Reactions: nicksjeep
Hey nicksjeep, are you sure that is a 98 Wrangler back seat? I have a 97 and mine looks a bit different, without that rear bar. But I am not an expert.

I just got brackets and a seat and installed it. This guy's video was helpful in showing what you need and how to install it, you can even see where the seat belts attach:

From my recent experience, these are the mounting brackets you will need:

View attachment 71888
Hey figured out that you’re right the other day thanks a lot for the response. When i bought the jeep the guy i got it from said it would fit but i just needed brackets but turned out it was the wrong seat altogether

Oh sorry to hear man. Fortunately, if you are patient, you should be able to find a good one on Craigslist. Maybe even with all of the hardware you will need. It took me about 1 month, but I found a like-new matching seat with all hardware and seatbelts for $200 on Craigslist. I felt good about it and now its all installed and working great. Needed a good cleaning and also lubrication of moving parts. Good luck!