Brainstorm for camping in the TJ

Look at this. Company is called crew-bed. It’s $1000+ for the extension set up and $349 for the crew bed soft top. Pretty cool but $1000 I think it’s to much. The crew bed soft top is priced good I would say. Description says your able to haul gear in back while it’s folded but in the video it doesn’t look like it. You can probably use the extension if you need to haul wood or other stuff if you don’t have a truck.

644C32A7-A5AA-4BF0-9F88-3CE932BB6E42.jpeg

View attachment 99270

I often throw this rack on and tote extra camping gear in it. I can put a tote and a couple sleeping bags up there and an ice chest and a dog in the back. I also load up the top of the ice chest in the bottom.

Did the rubicon trail loaded like this.
View attachment 99271

View attachment 99272View attachment 99275

View attachment 99269

Our dogs look like brother and sister. She's bigger now and darker. That was when she was about 1 yr old maybe 1.5 yrs..

35164790_10211725273541688_5740720851964133376_o.jpg

Where did you get that cargo rack? I want one. How much top if any can you fit under it? Or is it just a bikini top only affair?

Our dogs look like brother and sister. She's bigger now and darker. That was when she was about 1 yr old maybe 1.5 yrs..

View attachment 108776

Where did you get that cargo rack? I want one. How much top if any can you fit under it? Or is it just a bikini top only affair?
The rack is one of these I modified to mount up there. I don't think it would work with the soft top but I've never tried to confirm. I've always just pulled it off.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...JB-nhgqVPplHbYSkAbPyDOswtYBYgcI0aAkTbEALw_wcB
She looks more pure that I believe Duke to be but she too has some white looking fur on her chest. I think Duke must have a little bit of husky in him or something. He sure hates the heat like he's a husky.

1565280535916.png

Do you guys have swags over there? They are bulky rolled up but it is your tent, mattress and bedding in one roll. I can throw one in the back of the Jeep with a fridge, backpack and chair and I'm good for the weekend. Really nice to sleep in too.

View attachment 99238
That’s a really cool tent.

Something like that and a hitch mounted cargo carrier might work. May have to custom make the cargo carrier, or some wings on it, but it would keep you off the ground and give you more room.