Brake light lenses

Travis

TJ Enthusiast
So I had to change the bulb im my drivers side tailight. I figured while I was at it, I would just do them both. I took the lens covers off and replaced the bulbs. Put the lenses back on, but think I may have put them on upside down. Which way do they go, reverse white section on top or bottom? I got looking and noticed it looks like my reverse lights are constantly on (I have the lense covers whit white section on the bottom). What spurred me to ask this question is, when I back up at night, I can't see shit. Or is that a problem other Jeepers also have?
20160313_093401.jpg

So I had to change the bulb im my drivers side tailight. I figured while I was at it, I would just do them both. I took the lens covers off and replaced the bulbs. Put the lenses back on, but think I may have put them on upside down. Which way do they go, reverse white section on top or bottom? I got looking and noticed it looks like my reverse lights are constantly on (I have the lense covers whit white section on the bottom). What spurred me to ask this question is, when I back up at night, I can't see shit. Or is that a problem other Jeepers also have?View attachment 3677
Turn them over. You aren't the first to do this:rolleyes:

That's not the only thing on our Jeeps that can be installed upside down or reversed. The brake calipers are the same way, they can and commonly are installed on the wrong sides. That makes them impossible to bleed from the bleed screw ending up below the brake line instead of on top where it needs to be so the air can get out. Probably once a week someone posts a question asking why they can't get their brakes bled after installing new brake calipers and that is usually always the reason.

The brake calipers are the same way, they can and commonly are installed on the wrong sides.

Yep, did this once with @mrblaine's Vanco big brake kit. I seriously for the life of me could not figure out why I had no pedal pressure. I kept bleeding the system over-and-over, until I called Blaine and he told me to check to make sure they weren't on upside down.

Sure as shit, I'd put them on upside down (which I felt stupid for). And yep, you can try all you wan't but you'll never be able to bleed them when they're upside down. It may just drive you crazy too!