Brake line hose part question

I was at a stop with my brake pedal down when it sank all the way down and i rolled forward a few feet on the hill i was on. Anyway, theres a leak. i think its just the rear brakes but i cant figure out the name of this part! Its some kind of distributer with lines coming out the sides and a hose going in the top. The unit is fixed to the rear axle. If anyone can help me on the name of this part/name of the lines/hose running into it i'd appreciate it. Cant find it anywhere

20221127_123152.jpg

20221127_123159.jpg

I was at a stop with my brake pedal down when it sank all the way down and i rolled forward a few feet on the hill i was on. Anyway, theres a leak. i think its just the rear brakes but i cant figure out the name of this part! Its some kind of distributer with lines coming out the sides and a hose going in the top. The unit is fixed to the rear axle. If anyone can help me on the name of this part/name of the lines/hose running into it i'd appreciate it. Cant find it anywhere

View attachment 380395

View attachment 380396

Standard OEM or OEM style rear brake line. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...+l6,1373723,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+hose,1792

If I was replacing it, I would use the Dorman part # H380889

And that block does two things...one...brake distribution to the two cylinders or calipers...and two, it's the vent tube for the rear axle.

Lot of those vent tubes are pretty rotten and can allow water into the diff. Well worth it to replace that hose... originally routed up to the gas filler neck.

-Mac

And that block does two things...one...brake distribution to the two cylinders or calipers...and two, it's the vent tube for the rear axle.
Sorta, not really. The block is a tee for the brake line to both sides. It has a hole in it for the vent tube to mount it to the axle tube. The vent tube is an entirely separate function and either will work without the other one being used.
Lot of those vent tubes are pretty rotten and can allow water into the diff. Well worth it to replace that hose... originally routed up to the gas filler neck.

-Mac

That part is dead on.

Thanks for the info guys, i didnt know the hose on top was a breather hose. Its got a leak in the line up front and on the the top left of the image, you can see where it looks to be leaking from that breather hose as well. That dorman part looks right but it doesnt look like its big enough for the hose to fit on top? I was just going to buy the rear brake hose and get some brake line to cut and bend, because otherwise this might be too big for me to handle.

Thanks for the info guys, i didnt know the hose on top was a breather hose. Its got a leak in the line up front and on the the top left of the image, you can see where it looks to be leaking from that breather hose as well. That dorman part looks right but it doesnt look like its big enough for the hose to fit on top? I was just going to buy the rear brake hose and get some brake line to cut and bend, because otherwise this might be too big for me to handle

Thanks for the info guys, i didnt know the hose on top was a breather hose. Its got a leak in the line up front and on the the top left of the image, you can see where it looks to be leaking from that breather hose as well. That dorman part looks right but it doesnt look like its big enough for the hose to fit on top? I was just going to buy the rear brake hose and get some brake line to cut and bend, because otherwise this might be too big for me to handle.

Do you think my best bet would be to get the dorman part # H380889, and a new rear hose along with fittings? I wouldnt need new rear left and right brake lines would i? Still, doesnt seem like the hose running into the top would fit that part. Sorry guys I've never done brake lines before, dont worry if you cant reply. Thanks for the help

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NMGKIY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

This isn't that difficult. The "brake" portion, you buy that hose that has the metal block.

Look at this link, this bolt goes through a smooth hole in the brake block, and screws into the axle tube. Then you screw the 2 hard lines into the sides of it for brakes, it's easy.

On this bolt I linked, you then take a new "breather tube" and push it down over that nipple.

The other end of the brake line connects to the hard line coming back from the front of the TJ.

Do you think my best bet would be to get the dorman part # H380889, and a new rear hose along with fittings? I wouldnt need new rear left and right brake lines would i? Still, doesnt seem like the hose running into the top would fit that part. Sorry guys I've never done brake lines before, dont worry if you cant reply. Thanks for the help
Mopar Breather Axle Bolt.jpg

This bolt goes down through a smooth hole in the brake line block. As Blaine said, they are mutually exclusive, neither "Needs" to be there per se, this bolt is just used to hold the brake line block in place.

I bought a replacement hard line sans T from sstubes.com.

Corrosion resistance from stainless.

I didn't like how they bent the tubes and the fittings are regular steel.

Otherwise satisfied.

-Mac

Brake line.jpg

The Green connections you unbolt, and bolt back into the new brake line.

The Red is the separate breather bolt that goes "through" the block, then that rubber going up is the axle breather system.

Reactions: mikespine
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NMGKIY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

This isn't that difficult. The "brake" portion, you buy that hose that has the metal block.

Look at this link, this bolt goes through a smooth hole in the brake block, and screws into the axle tube. Then you screw the 2 hard lines into the sides of it for brakes, it's easy.

On this bolt I linked, you then take a new "breather tube" and push it down over that nipple.

The other end of the brake line connects to the hard line coming back from the front of the TJ.

Thanks a lot man,
View attachment 380418
The Green connections you unbolt, and bolt back into the new brake line.

The Red is the separate breather bolt that goes "through" the block, then that rubber going up is the axle breather system.

Makes sense now! I bet its just leaking from the line going into the block and it mustve sprayed onto the breather hose causing it to look like it was leaking up there too. Thanks a lot guys, im gonna order the brake block and bolt that screws through it now so i can get it back on the road!

Thanks a lot man,

Makes sense now! I bet its just leaking from the line going into the block and it mustve sprayed onto the breather hose causing it to look like it was leaking up there too. Thanks a lot guys, im gonna order the brake block and bolt that screws through it now so i can get it back on the road!

You probably don’t need a replacement breather bolt, but they’re cheap.