Brake system warning light not working

old jeep new to me

TJ Enthusiast
My brake system warning light does not illuminate when engine is started or when I have the parking brake on. I will tackle a lot of things but am always intimidated by electrical problems. I did take my dash out and checked the bulb and it appears to be good. It also seems like all the other dash lights work. Just hoping someone has had this problem and can learn something from their experience. I have a 97 TJ. My turn signal has occasion problems and my headlight switch also. They work pretty much just have to wiggle around sometimes. Just mentioned them in case they can be related to this problem.

If you have different "systems" intermittently not working the first thing I would look into is a grounding issue.

If you have different "systems" intermittently not working the first thing I would look into is a grounding issue.
It's not that they don't work, they are just worn out. Need to get a new headlight switch and turn signal stalk. I do want to find all my grounds and go around and tighten them all up though. I guess nothing is out of the question. Most people have the opposite problem, there light stays on.