Break lights simultaneously stop working

Nicholas

TJ Enthusiast
So I was driving in traffic earlier and a trucker sped up past me and told me my break lights weren’t working. Took the bulbs out and whatever tested em and they both just don’t light up bright when I press the break, they only show in their regular dim brightness when driving. Just curious if anyone would think it’d be a fuse or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was driving in traffic earlier and a trucker sped up past me and told me my break lights weren’t working. Took the bulbs out and whatever tested em and they both just don’t light up bright when I press the break, they only show in their regular dim brightness when driving. Just curious if anyone would think it’d be a fuse or what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would check the fuse first. Then the brake light switch. It is at the brake pedal. Common to go out in most vehicles.

Reactions: EJD and Nicholas
I am on my second brake light switch on my 2000 TJ, just replaced the switch on my 99 Ram which has the same part number. In fact on my Ram which I tow with I carry a spare now. Do not get one from Auto Zone, had one of those go out in less than two months. Try to get Mopar if you can.

B

Reactions: Chris and Nicholas