Brilliant Idea - Dome Light Mod

To make a point that the OP can find it in the archives, Why do you care?
I've never ever seen this particular mod before. Prove your point and post up a link to all the available threads that OP could've looked through to find this solution.

Maybe you're spending too much time on jeep forums and you need to take a break if you've seen it all already.

I've never ever seen this particular mod before. Prove your point and post up a link to all the available threads that OP could've looked through to find this solution.

Maybe you're spending too much time on jeep forums and you need to take a break if you've seen it all already.
Why are you compelled to care so much about my original post? It just seems stupid. I love the ignore feature. You’re my first candidate in 2+ years.

Before I say BYE, our famous administrator posted this in 2015. It covers all the options.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-do-i-turn-off-the-dome-lights-with-the-doors-removed.199/

• Haha
Reactions: EzPeezy
Why are you compelled to care so much about my original post? It just seems stupid. I love the ignore feature. You’re my first candidate in 2+ years.

Before I say BYE, our famous administrator posted this in 2015. It covers all the options.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-do-i-turn-off-the-dome-lights-with-the-doors-removed.199/

It is ok to talk about this door switch more than once. One thing I do like about it is that it borrows parts from another vehicle to address a problem, even if I personally don't see the value going through the effort compared to other solutions. I still appreciate the ingenuity and the desire to adapt. This should happen more often than it does.

Its funny because you came into this thread and seemed "so compelled to care so much" about OPs post. It just seems stupid.

Kind of like ignoring someone on a forum instead of just scrolling by. Sorry if I offended you by conversing with you on a forum.

I like my homemade on/off switch that I made a several years ago. Copies the q-tec design but I had all the parts in my toolbox, including the two throw switch

Reactions: EzPeezy
True, I removed the fuse. Which cost me almost as much time and money to execute.
And no, you don't lose the chime by removing the fuse.
People should double check this if they want to pull the fuse, because I read in the thread from Chris (thanks for the link @JMT ) that it DOES in fact disable the headlight warning chime. I know that younger me has run down the battery by leaving headlights on before, and it's nice to have a reminder.

Reactions: q8ieng
Disabling or bypassing the door switch necessarily eliminates the door chime and headlight warning.

Disabling or bypassing the door switch necessarily eliminates the door chime and headlight warning.
Exactly what some people want. This topic has just been exhausted in the thread. It's all about preferences here. Some people insist one way is better than another. It doesn't really matter as long as you know what you are doing and getting the desired result. That's not true for everything...

EDIT: FWIW, I have fuse 4 pulled and no chime/headlight warning

Interesting. I wonder how I still have chimes for the headlights & e-brake. Must be broke.

These are two different switches. The door plunger can't trigger the headlight alarm if it has been bypassed. The e-brake has its own switch and it has no connection to what the doors are doing.

the best mod is installing a LED up top, or rewriting it completely for a much brighter and directional LED light. the stock light is so dim — and a directional one is good for those of us who lost our wheel well lights long ago

That's pretty cool. I have a track record of letting little "gadgets" like this complicate things, but I do like this idea. It definitely needs some weatherproofing though. I was a little surprised to see how inexpensive they are. Anywhere from $5-10 for the style he used (2018202110).

I’ve always liked the idea of inserting a switch between fuse 4 and the block. When my kids start driving my Jeep I think I’ll add that mod so they aren’t getting in dark jeeps at night.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this method but I added a switch as shown below on both sides to knock out the dome lights when I want to. I just tapped in to the stock dome light door switch to break the circuit.

19-10-31 9.JPG