Bring your trailer sold prices?

Gilaguy23

TJ Enthusiast
Been venturing there for a potential old 4x4 truck purchase. Im finding it hard to believe what some of the sold prices claim to be. Last night I stumbled on a early 70ies crew cab dodge power wagon that sold for $232,000. Sure it was restored with a hemi installed but...but.. a clean original 85 suburban 4x4 for $50,000? Seriously?

Been venturing there for a potential old 4x4 truck purchase. Im finding it hard to believe what some of the sold prices claim to be. Last night I stumbled on a early 70ies crew cab dodge power wagon that sold for $232,000. Sure it was restored with a hemi installed but...but.. a clean original 85 suburban 4x4 for $50,000? Seriously?

The auctions are always fair. Cant really get more fair than that. Plus there is no way to snipe the auction, the auction on closes once 2mins passes with no other bids. It’s pretty genius and I see a lot of nice stuff on there.

Care to share a link to the $232,000 resto?

Reactions: 5632
BaT is a place for people with more money than brains (or very deep pockets).

I've seen TJs sell on there for 10k plus more than you'd see them sell for on the private market. Of course that is the appeal of an auction site, right?

I watch that site for fun, but if I was serious about buying a vehicle that's the last place I'd ever look to buy. I say that only because I've seen the cars on there and what they sell for and I've found ones that are just as clean on various others sites for sometimes tens of thousands less.

That site is merely a fun way to waste time IMHO.

BaT is a place for people with more money than brains (or very deep pockets).

I've seen TJs sell on there for 10k plus more than you'd see them sell for on the private market. Of course that is the appeal of an auction site, right?

I watch that site for fun, but if I was serious about buying a vehicle that's the last place I'd ever look to buy. I say that only because I've seen the cars on there and what they sell for and I've found ones that are just as clean on various others sites for sometimes tens of thousands less.

That site is merely a fun way to waste time IMHO.

It sometimes seems that some of the bidders on the Jeep Wranglers dont have much knowledge when bidding.

Bidding on rusted frames, undersides covered in black spray paint, and cheaply flipped Wranglers.

Reactions: Jamison C
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-dodge-power-wagon-4/ Granted its pretty modded but woooooo weeeeeeee on the price. Guess Id better rob the neighbors piggy banks too.

Prob cant match the skill in labor and design that was thrown at that truck. Looks like Icon out of California played a role in it for a while. Which brings even more questions and I didnt read through all the comments.

Has a supercharged Hemi and a 2006 Mega Cab frame that supports the body. The axles look like new gen Dana’s too.

What would be a fair price for something like that in your opinion?

It sometimes seems that some of the bidders on the Jeep Wranglers dont have much knowledge when bidding.

Bidding on rusted frames, undersides covered in black spray paint, and cheaply flipped Wranglers.

I agree! Every time I see a Wrangler for sale on there it seems like someone is almost always overpaying. I’ve seen some that are in fairly clean shape sell for way more than they would have other places.

However, we also can’t verify with any certainty as to whether the high bidder actually ends up following through with the purchase. So there is always that! Just because it sold for whatever price doesn’t mean the transaction was actually completed.

I agree! Every time I see a Wrangler for sale on there it seems like someone is almost always overpaying. I’ve seen some that are in fairly clean shape sell for way more than they would have other places.

However, we also can’t verify with any certainty as to whether the high bidder actually ends up following through with the purchase. So there is always that! Just because it sold for whatever price doesn’t mean the transaction was actually completed.

If it is not completed it is relisted.

Reactions: IOwnCalculus

Also, the buyer pays the auction fee as soon as the listing ends. While the rest of the transaction happens offline in a typical "here is money" "here is the title" scenario, a buyer who doesn't follow through on the transaction would already be out money and would likely be banned in short order.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Also, the buyer pays the auction fee as soon as the listing ends. While the rest of the transaction happens offline in a typical "here is money" "here is the title" scenario, a buyer who doesn't follow through on the transaction would already be out money and would likely be banned in short order.

I agree, but paying that fee and being banned is still better than paying a ton of money for something that may not have been as nice as it seemed in the photos once you see it in person.

If it is not completed it is relisted.

Assuming the seller wants it re-listed.