Broke because of Jeep!

@Kiwi TJ
Why just why? No way there is a good explanation to ever build such a thing
9AFD4666-FC75-4030-9C10-D05F388BBE4F.png

@Kiwi TJ
Why just why? No way there is a good explanation to ever build such a thing
View attachment 73881
Yep Im proud to be English...sometimes :shakehead:.
I had an uncle who had one and he loved it to bits....I think it has a bit of cult following now...dangerous as hell though.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
Yep Im proud to be English...sometimes :shakehead:.
I had an uncle who had one and he loved it to bits....I think it has a bit of cult following now...dangerous as hell though.

Sounds like a lot of the public opinion of the CJ5. That news report about rolling them never mentioned how many times they didn't get it roll or about what they did to make it easier to roll.

Meh.... Better than spending the cash on Starbucks every morning. Besides, this hobby isn't really for the meek hearted either. The getting your hands dirty, and building of it yourself is just as much part of the reward as getting to drive it afterward. Too many treat their vehicle as an appliance, and too few have the gumption to learn to turn a wrench! When the zombie apocalypse happens, I know which crew I plan to run with. ;-)

One of the reasons I bought my Jeep last summer was to give me a reason to learn to wrench... learning on my daily driver just seems risky :)

I wish someone warned me lol, took my jeep in for a simple service a couple of months ago and ended up spending 5000 aussie dollars on front and rear detroit lockers.

Edit: Can't complain really, I might be broke but my jeep is twin-locked ;)

Let's see.... what can we do for $5,000.
If a pack of beer is $12, you should have 516 packs of beer stacked up inside your garage.
Around the corner will cost you $50 per BJ, you can get non stop oil changed once a week, a good smile for straight 2 years.

They both will cost you $5,000 and you chose a Detroit Locker?

UK registration fees drove the production of the Reliant Robin and many others since they fell into the same class as a motorbike with a sidecar.
Yes the Bond bug fell into that class too the whole front end flips up so you can get in...700cc of raw power ;)(actually I think the engine was out of a Reliant Robin)

I loved the interior.....its so bad, its good !!

Let's see.... what can we do for $5,000.
If a pack of beer is $12, you should have 516 packs of beer stacked up inside your garage.
Around the corner will cost you $50 per BJ, you can get non stop oil changed once a week, a good smile for straight 2 years.

They both will cost you $5,000 and you chose a Detroit Locker?
Yeah cost 5000 aud for parts and installation, which is like 3500 usd. And Jeep parts (including lockers) are way more expensive here than they are over there. Went with the detroit locker yeah, auto lockers aren't for everyone but I have no regrets I love them.