Broke because of Jeep!

Rubirob

TJ Enthusiast
When you spend all your money on other Jeep items you can only have a spare rim lol
f3f396bf1849bb95ca117bc8c3a9242b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an excel sheet wish list: $25k and growing. I think I need a new cheaper hobby.
Meh.... Better than spending the cash on Starbucks every morning. Besides, this hobby isn't really for the meek hearted either. The getting your hands dirty, and building of it yourself is just as much part of the reward as getting to drive it afterward. Too many treat their vehicle as an appliance, and too few have the gumption to learn to turn a wrench! When the zombie apocalypse happens, I know which crew I plan to run with. ;-)

Meh.... Better than spending the cash on Starbucks every morning. Besides, this hobby isn't really for the meek hearted either. The getting your hands dirty, and building of it yourself is just as much part of the reward as getting to drive it afterward. Too many treat their vehicle as an appliance, and too few have the gumption to learn to turn a wrench! When the zombie apocalypse happens, I know which crew I plan to run with. ;-)
You know , that's a good point . We really are a pretty much a "we break it -we fix it " crowd.

It really makes this forum good ..because most of the guys here know what is really going on with their Jeeps.

As far as the cost ...there are worse things.

I have a construction company ...I have seen more people waste their livelihood on drugs and stupidity than I care to think about .

I have a relative that is in an ungodly amount of financial trouble just because of stupidity ... Spend and borrow , spend and borrow , now he has his back against the wall and want listen to anyone ..57 years old ...he should be close to retiring and has worked hard enough and made enough ...had it been handled right

A Jeep is fun , and often worth all you have in it or close ..not always ..but they have strong resale .

We are blessed in America to have such a great standard of living .

That’s where you’ve screwed up, speed sheet. Receipts go straight in the trash. If I die someone will get a good deal because my wife has no idea.
Ain't that the truth ! I can see my wife yard sellin' mine ..it's a "rubbercon" , I 'll take 2500 for it and you can have that camper shell thingy that goes on it too...

Ain't that the truth ! I can see my wife yard sellin' mine ..it's a "rubbercon" , I 'll take 2500 for it and you can have that camper shell thingy that goes on it too...
The sad part is the mods don’t bring much extra anyway. We do it for the fun. Guess that’s why it’s a hobby.

Reactions: JMT
Dang right! If worked appropriately there's no reason that anyone couldn't afford a decent hobby, and pay the bills without losing their shirt. Saving pennies for parts and learning to do as much as you can brings the best ROI for anyone that truly has an interest in whatever their endeavor! I'm pretty big into mountain biking as well (cross country), and rather than buy a bike, I've learned enough to build my own. The satisfaction of building a machine suited to me specifically, and using it to those ends is damn near Zen. I don't see much difference when it comes to my Jeep!

My Jeep is a hobby , a pleasure vehicle , a project , a diversion , a conversation starter , and to some degree a passion ..I have had 7 , and loved them since I was very young.

It's also just something I look forward to . I think of the stupidest excuses to drive it or fart with it .

It's also a reward for not filing bankruptcy and blowing my brains out in 2011 when the economy tanked and I was head over heels in debt .

Never give up . Never quit . I learned so much since then .

This is the promised land gentlemen, way more people trying to get in here than get out.

It drives my wife crazy that I want to take the Jeep and not her RR. Especially if we have to take the highway because I typically only do 65 mph. BShe enjoys the Jeep but not nearly as much as I do.

It drives my wife crazy that I want to take the Jeep and not her RR. Especially if we have to take the highway because I typically only do 65 mph. BShe enjoys the Jeep but not nearly as much as I do.
Same for my wife. She's got a '14 Exploder, and it is really comfy and probably one of the best road vehicles we've ever owned. Problem is I'm always the driver, and while admittedly it's a nice car, it has never evoked a smile from me while driving it.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
I drive allot slower in my Jeep...not because I HAVE to but because I WANT to....
On a side note does RR stand for Range Rover or Rolls Royce ? haha....hope its not a Reliant Robin (British 3 wheeler) lol

I drive allot slower in my Jeep...not because I HAVE to but because I WANT to....
On a side note does RR stand for Range Rover or Rolls Royce ? haha....hope its not a Reliant Robin (British 3 wheeler) lol
It sucks paying for a service on the Range Rover, can’t imagine rolls Royce. The 3 wheel might be fun. Back in the day I rolled a few of our version.
I can do the speed limit but I just don’t want to.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ