Bronco vs. Wrangler

I think the Broncos are cool they fill a much needed niche.

Basically have

4Runner
Bronco
Wrangler

From least to most capable depending on what you want. I think a lot of people that were gonna buy a 4Runner will buy a bronco now. I don’t think many that were gonna buy a Jeep will buy a bronco.
YEA same people that buy renegades to go off road,

Rising tide lifts all boats, so to speak, so if the resurrection of the Bronco pushes Jeep and others to step their game up, all good. Frankly, I think this Bronco looks like it'll make for spectacular maul haulers and wannabe urban commandos. If we're being honest, most Bronco owners, like most Wrangler owners (myself included), will never take theirs on anything rougher than a gravel road.

Rising tide lifts all boats, so to speak, so if the resurrection of the Bronco pushes Jeep and others to step their game up, all good. Frankly, I think this Bronco looks like it'll make for spectacular maul haulers and wannabe urban commandos. If we're being honest, most Bronco owners, like most Wrangler owners (myself included), will never take theirs on anything rougher than a gravel road.

Yup, we likely only have the 392 and definitely the upcoming Ultra Xtreme Recon Talical Commondo Rubacan edition on 35’s because of the Bronco.

My prediction is, the Bronco will follow the same path of the FJ Cruiser.
My prediction is, the Bronco will follow the same path of the FJ Cruiser.
I don’t agree, the aftermarket seems very interested in the Bronco and if LiteBrite gets ahold of one who knows where it will go? Example: Milestar Patagonia’s 😉

The local dealer is finally getting a full size bronco in for demo, not for sale. The fact they aren’t available yet is laughable, but that’s another topic.
We are going to check it out and if nothing too drastic is wrong, place an order. The current plan is 2 door, outer banks, 2.7 auto with the sasquatch package. And yea, at best it will see gravel roads and entry level trails. But honestly, who bought a new TJ and took it rock climbing?

Lol...so originally from the uk and living here for 20 years I thought I’d buy an archetypal American truck. I bought a Ram 3500 Long Horn. Practically every single part on it says ‘ Proudly made in Mexico’.
I quick google searched this to confirm my suspicions, but the two most "American made" pickup trucks are the Honda Ridgeline and Toyota Tundra. It's long been talked about in circles how the Tundra was more American than the big three. I think the story goes that Japanese manufacturers moved to the US to avoid the chicken tax and keep their prices competitive. Over the same time frame, US manufacturers steadily outsourced to Mexico. The general consensus is that there is nothing "American" about Ford, Chevy, or GM over Honda, Toyota, Kia and Hyundai.

I quick google searched this to confirm my suspicions, but the two most "American made" pickup trucks are the Honda Ridgeline and Toyota Tundra. It's long been talked about in circles how the Tundra was more American than the big three. I think the story goes that Japanese manufacturers moved to the US to avoid the chicken tax and keep their prices competitive. Over the same time frame, US manufacturers steadily outsourced to Mexico. The general consensus is that there is nothing "American" about Ford, Chevy, or GM over Honda, Toyota, Kia and Hyundai.
I guess if we want the most American-made trucks we'll all be driving the Tesla Cybertruck soon.

I thought the ranger overtook the ridgeline in 2020?

Interesting, my GMC Denali was built in Flint Michigan... says so right on the door sticker LOL :)\

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-facilities/gm-usa-facilities/gm-flint-michigan-usa-plant/

Where it is made is a major consideration but ownership of the company is far more important. The owner nets the profit. I want it to stay in the United States.

Where it is made is a major consideration but ownership of the company is far more important. The owner nets the profit. I want it to stay in the United States.
I suspect the number of employed workers getting paid and then spending that money in their local economy may be more important than where the fat cats take their money and stick it in a bank.

I suspect the number of employed workers getting paid and then spending that money in their local economy may be more important than where the fat cats take their money and stick it in a bank.
Well if the Ranger is the most American vehicle and the Bronco is built on the Ranger Platform then it goes to say Bronco > Wrangler.

Is that how it works with companies that are publicly traded on the stock market? It seems possible Toyota has more American owners than Ford based on who holds the stock. I haven't checked into the financial details of either company but assuming an owner gets some profit doesn't really make sense to me.