Brown Dog or M.O.R.E. MML?

I’m just going by brown dogs instructions, I’m assuming by over tightening the nuts you basically “fuse” the bolt and mount into one unit instead of allowing it to float in the rubber bushing there by not allowing it to provide its full vibration absorption potential...but I’m no engineer, just a dude who likes to follow instructions. I just know plenty of people who tighten everything with an extra grunt, you know, just to make sure it’s good and tight.

It sounds like a design flaw or misunderstanding based on how I understand isolaters to work.

Last edited:
I’m just going by brown dogs instructions, I’m assuming by over tightening the nuts you basically “fuse” the bolt and mount into one unit instead of allowing it to float in the rubber bushing there by not allowing it to provide its full vibration absorption potential...but I’m no engineer, just a dude who likes to follow instructions. I just know plenty of people who tighten everything with an extra grunt, you know, just to make sure it’s good and tight.

Agreed, but I am an instruction Nazi. The BDs do have isolation but the design does not allow for as much rubber to be used. I have yet to switch mine out but I will post my opinion afterwards. I have a few other items on my list that may or may not contribute to the vibration but I'm highly doubtful that they are the issue as the vibes weren't there before I changed them out.....

Agreed, but I am an instruction Nazi. The BDs do have isolation but the design does not allow for as much rubber to be used. I have yet to switch mine out but I will post my opinion afterwards. I have a few other items on my list that may or may not contribute to the vibration but I'm highly doubtful that they are the issue as the vibes weren't there before I changed them out.....

I didn’t have a noticeable increase in vibration so I didn’t put to much thought into it. I’m anal as well so I would’ve done the same as you, especially since my father in law was helping me and he’s a tighten it until it’s tight type of guy. That’s really the only reason I brought it up, I was just very aware of that part of the instructions because of his heavy hand and he was doing one side and I was doing the other.

I did replace my transmission mount as preventative maintenance considering it was 15 years old and the motor mount rubber looked pretty rough when I took them out. The website said you may not notice the transmission mount issues with the original worn mounts but will with the newer ones. I’m sure you already know that.

Like I said, I never had to troubleshoot any further so I hope you figure it out.

It sounds like a design flaw or misunderstanding based on how I understand isolaters to work.
Actually now that I think about it I kinda agree with you. 😂

I emailed brown dog and asked them. I’ll let you know what they say🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: jjvw
Actually now that I think about it I kinda agree with you. 😂

I emailed brown dog and asked them. I’ll let you know what they say🤷🏻‍♂️
4E6B511B-3F2F-4A51-AFFC-6FE5F2E98655.png

Brown Dog must not use a bonded inner sleeve on their bushings

If the isolation is based on the bolt torque the design is crap. Based on the response you posted I would never purchase one of their products, that is bull.

Stock or aftermarket it’s probably not a good idea to just over tighten those bolts. Those are self locking nuts aren’t they? When I initially removed them to replace with the BD mounts they really weren’t that tight. The BD mounts will have a bit more vibration transmission because the isolation rubber isn’t as thick but only a small amount more. That’s the nature of these HD aftermarket mounts. Stock mounts are the most elastic and offer the best dampening.