Oregon Brown's Camp

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Wife and I made a road trip to Brown's Camp in the Tillamook State Forest on Sunday. First time we'd been up there in about five or six years.

First thing we did was stop at a BiMart to pick up an ATV tag. $10 to be legal on the trails. It's now the one and only bumper sticker on the little SE.

Not much going on up there. A few motorcycles buzzing around, and a guy in a Toyota Land Cruiser based buggy with full width axles driving the roads. I think he was waiting for us to screw up so he could rescue us or something. Sanitary looking rig. Didn't get a chance to check it out, but it looked well built.

We did a couple of the easier trails for giggles and to get our $10 worth out of the ATV tag. Walked several of the harder or higher rated trails to see what was up with those. Got a good feel for where the little Jeep could go for next time.

I have been wanting to go out there, but I am new to this Jeep thing and mine is stock except for 31" tires. Just nervous I would get stuck, so I need to find a buddy with more experience and equipment to go with me.

Reactions: StG58
20190811_161003.jpg

7-UP, the hard way.
20190811_161123.jpg

Last edited:
I have been wanting to go out there, but I am new to this Jeep thing and mine is stock except for 31" tires. Just nervous I would get stuck, so I need to find a buddy with more experience and equipment to go with me.
There's lots of trails that a stock Jeep on 31's can have fun on. If you have any doubts, walk the trail first. We walked several. Drove several as well. Take the trail rating system up there with a grain of salt though.