BTW - if ya'll aren't following the Doug and Torq mess

The Pirate thread on this is great. I'm in a couple of facebook groups as well and it has been relentless. Not sure if torq is gonna recover from this fiasco...

a979c09c801e06c35bc6528eb243fbff.jpg

The Pirate thread on this is great. I'm in a couple of facebook groups as well and it has been relentless. Not sure if torq is gonna recover from this fiasco...

View attachment 108864
The initiation of death throes for most companies is when they threaten to sue for slander for which the perfect defense is truth. Seriously you fucktards, you took his money, you didn't build the parts, you have offered nothing substantial with regard to a viable resolution and now you want folks to shut up about it? WTF did you think was gonna happen?

I haven't read anything about it, but I'm going to assume he didn't pay with a credit card, so a chargeback is out of the picture?

I haven't read anything about it, but I'm going to assume he didn't pay with a credit card, so a chargeback is out of the picture?

Not sure if you can issue a chargeback two years out. I'm definitely assuming he didn't hand over $16.5k in cash...

Beat Not Babied Instagram page posts a crap load of them, it's hilarious.
At some point reality has to set in. You man up, recognize the error of your ways, borrow the money from someone other than your customers and pay the man. You make a public apology, you make amends, and you do your very best to never let it happen again.

Not sure if you can issue a chargeback two years out. I'm definitely assuming he didn't hand over $16.5k in cash...

Yeah, I believe there is a time limit on it. Not sure what it is, though after 3 months I would be wondering where the hell my axles were.

I see that from quite a few trying to blame Doug or get him to share the blame. It is easy to understand if you have dealt with very specialized equipment and long lead times before. That and not being that familiar with all the card policies out there, I doubt any will have a chargeback window of that time frame but I've been wrong before.

Yeah, I believe there is a time limit on it. Not sure what it is, though after 3 months I would be wondering where the hell my axles were.
Custom work (as I understand it) is just that. Custom and specialized and at the time, fairly cutting edge. I wouldn't expect them in 3 months. I know from just the little bit of custom stuff I do that one hiccup at a machine shop will cost me 30 days and I'm not doing anything special, just machine a couple of steering knuckles.

Reactions: Chris
I see that from quite a few trying to blame Doug or get him to share the blame. It is easy to understand if you have dealt with very specialized equipment and long lead times before. That and not being that familiar with all the card policies out there, I doubt any will have a chargeback window of that time frame but I've been wrong before.

I've never ordered anything with that large of a lead time before. I'm assuming it would be common practice to put half down and half when they ship (from my understanding behind the $$$ of torq axles, that might be the case in Doug's scenario). It is a hard situation because the supplier obviously wants some cash before they start building custom axles, but then you are opened up to getting screwed.

I like how my shop did it when they spent 5 months swapping frames for me. Just small payments along the way so they were secure and one big one at the end. I was actually able to go into the shop to see the progress so that is a little different of a situation though.

I have no dog in the fight, don't even know who doug or Torq even were, I just enjoy the creativity of the memes created, there a lot of douche bags jumping in just to bash a company to be "included".
Few examples:
A64E31F0-0548-4E04-826D-E2B302DC5143.png
BA3A7C1A-7D0F-4BCA-9C28-1B80759C4106.png
8034A985-B92A-42E9-8AA0-8C975FB4EF85.png

I've never ordered anything with that large of a lead time before. I'm assuming it would be common practice to put half down and half when they ship (from my understanding behind the $$$ of torq axles, that might be the case in Doug's scenario). It is a hard situation because the supplier obviously wants some cash before they start building custom axles, but then you are opened up to getting screwed.

I like how my shop did it when they spent 5 months swapping frames for me. Just small payments along the way so they were secure and one big one at the end. I was actually able to go into the shop to see the progress so that is a little different of a situation though.
The sad part about the whole mess is we don't know what the content of the original agreement was, what was discussed and what each party walked away believing was to be done and when.

I know that I have to go over things to clarify and specify to make sure that folks understand exactly what is going on. I have had a client complain about the flashing CEL from the CPS relocator we installed for an AW-4 swap. I explained to him during the phone call that we discussed it, I warned it was going to happen and that there isn't a fix for it. He said that we never talked about it. I could tell during our face to face conversations that his enthusiasm to get the swap done was diminishing his willingness to face some of the realities. To cover the bases, I laid it all out in an email very clearly and sent it over. When he said that we never talked about it, I went back, found the email and forwarded it to him again along with his reply to the email stating that he was aware of these things and was okay with them.

That isn't to mean I'm leaving him hanging, just opens the door so we can try to figure out alternate solutions and he has expressed a desire to try and solve all the things I warned him about.

Reactions: TJTJ04
I don't know what the mystery is about.

Doug's axles are clearly in the same shipping container as Hillary's emails and Trump's tax returns.

... the ark of the covenant, both Jimmy Hoffa and DB Cooper, die glocke, that brand new '67 Shelby Cobra my uncle claims to have owned in high school but no one has ever seen.

"After an inquiry is issued, merchants have 20 days to respond. After achargeback is issued, merchants have 20 days to respond. There is no time limit for cardmembers--a transaction can be disputed at any time."

Amex cards. I love mine. On the flip side, when a guest would say they were going to dispute something on their folio and we saw they paid with an Amex, 99% of the time we just removed the item as we almost never won those battles after a chargeback was initiated.

https://chargebacks911.com/knowledge-base/american-express-chargeback-time-limits/