Budget Boost

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Is it common after putting on a budget boost for the front to not have boosted as much as the rear? I put on a RE 2" BB and now my doors want to fly forward when I open them. I'm sure it's the motor weight.
IMG_5263.JPG
What solutions are there for this?

There is a bit of rake from the factory so the spacers are probably making it more noticeable. Did you reuse all of the spring isolators? If it bothers you that much you could try a thinner spacer in the rear. I wouldn't add more to the front personally.

There is indeed a slight rake from the factory, so this isn't unusual. I will say however, you've got to drive it around for a while and give it a good 100 miles or so to "settle in". At least that was the case with my TJ!

Great looking TJ by the way!

There is indeed a slight rake from the factory, so this isn't unusual. I will say however, you've got to drive it around for a while and give it a good 100 miles or so to "settle in". At least that was the case with my TJ!

Great looking TJ by the way!
That or put a pile of Texas hotties in the back! :D

Yeah, I reused the spring isolators. Maybe I could remove them from the rear? The difference is 1.25" Maybe that's normal rake for a TJ...I thought adding longer springs to front, or another spacer up front might solve it but you think no.

I've driven it a good 250 miles since I installed. I like everything fine, just seems more pronounced than before.

That rake looks excessive. You added the same amount of lift front/rear? Doesn't make sense.

Yeah, 2" on front and rear. Extended bump stops same on both ends. I agree, it looks excessive. I'll get underneath her tomorrow and take a look. Can't imagine why...

Go down some bumpy roads and get those springs seated properly (just incase they aren't). That's something I would try for sure.

I installed 2" coil spacers up front on my 2004 and when i went to install the rear spacers the inner diameter was too small (bought off of Craigslist and the guy said they would fit) so I've been running with 33" tires with no lift in the rear for the last couple of months. No problems with street driving and only slight rubbing on the flares offroad...

51rl7n.jpg

I also have an aftermarket front bumper and winch that might be causing the front to sit a little lower than expected... Whenever I get around to installing spacers in the rear, i might try some ZJ or JK springs up front to level it out.

Is it common after putting on a budget boost for the front to not have boosted as much as the rear? I put on a RE 2" BB and now my doors want to fly forward when I open them. I'm sure it's the motor weight. View attachment 12273 What solutions are there for this?
I had the same result, even after the install of a 4" lift. So I was not a fan of the rake, I like the leveled look or slightly higher in the front. I installed a 1.25 spacer and that did the trick for me.

Is it common after putting on a budget boost for the front to not have boosted as much as the rear? I put on a RE 2" BB and now my doors want to fly forward when I open them. I'm sure it's the motor weight. View attachment 12273 What solutions are there for this?
It's possible that springs could cause that if the spring rates (stiffnesses) weren't appropriate for your model TJ. But if you installed 2" spacers and kept the same springs installed, your Jeep would have the same identical rake that was present before installing the spacers.

Well, that's what I did Jerry, same springs, and what you are saying makes perfect sense. I'll just take a look at some of the previous pics of my Jeep and see how pronounced the rake is.I took some measurements from the center of wheel cap to bottom side of fender flare before and after, but I only did it on one side. The two sides differ by 1/4 inch. And the measurements I do have (topless and with top) differ. Maybe it needs some settling in like Chris said. Thanks Jerry. Appreciate your input...

Blade, I'd prefer the front to be a little higher. I would need an 1" for slight rake and 1.25" for level in the front. Can I stack two spacers? Like add a 1" on the 2"?

Stacking spacers is not a good idea. And the taller the spacer compared to the spring height the easier it is to overcompress the spring, damaging it. The tallest spacer I'd ever install is 2".

Jerry would probably know for sure but, what about pulling the spring isolators in the rear? If the spacers are the urethane type, I can't see any problem. It would drop the rear about .75" Whaddya think @Jerry Bransford?

The spacers are poly...what do you think Jerry, about Rob's idea?

Jerry would probably know for sure but, what about pulling the spring isolators in the rear? If the spacers are the urethane type, I can't see any problem. It would drop the rear about .75" Whaddya think @Jerry Bransford?
Looks like if you have poly spacers, which I do, you can remove the isolators and allow the poly spacer to serve as the isolator. The isolator is about 5/8" so would probably make it look about right.

http://spacerliftkits.com/use-coil-spring-isolator-spacer-lift-kit/

I wonder if I could lift each side to get some droop and cut them off? They're rubber. That should work, no?

Also, they're saying you can stack spring isolators if they are the same kind to get a little extra lift

Blade, I'd prefer the front to be a little higher. I would need an 1" for slight rake and 1.25" for level in the front. Can I stack two spacers? Like add a 1" on the 2"?
I wouldn't recommend stacking spacers either. I think having 3" of stacked spacers is too much and potentially unsafe too.

Resurrecting old thread. I have the 2.5” OME with the 10 mm spacers. Can I add a 0.75” daystar spacer up front. That would be two spacers a total of slightly over an 1”