Budget Boost

Resurrecting old thread. I have the 2.5” OME with the 10 mm spacers. Can I add a 0.75” daystar spacer up front. That would be two spacers a total of slightly over an 1”

I see no reason you couldn’t. This will of course change driveline angles as I’m sure you’re already aware.

Reactions: JMT
Resurrecting old thread. I have the 2.5” OME with the 10 mm spacers. Can I add a 0.75” daystar spacer up front. That would be two spacers a total of slightly over an 1”
I cannot honestly say for sure but I would be leery about stacking a 10mm, 1", and the factory isolator on top of the spring. You could add a single 1.25" spacer instead. Annnd, I happen to have some. I am in the process of swapping in some BDS coils and won't likely need them. If you want em, they are yours. Will let you know after my install is finished.

I cannot honestly say for sure but I would be leery about stacking a 10mm, 1", and the factory isolator on top of the spring. You could add a single 1.25" spacer instead. Annnd, I happen to have some. I am in the process of swapping in some BDS coils and won't likely need them. If you want em, they are yours. Will let you know after my install is finished.
I feel better about your suggestion. I received the 0.75” spacers as a gift. If you want them we could switch. Now that I’m thinking about it, let me take some measurements just to make sure an overall spacer of 0.75 wouldn’t be good. I’ll let you know tomorrow. Thanks so much for the offer!

Reactions: Rob5589
I feel better about your suggestion. I received the 0.75” spacers as a gift. If you want them we could switch. Now that I’m thinking about it, let me take some measurements just to make sure an overall spacer of 0.75 wouldn’t be good. I’ll let you know tomorrow. Thanks so much for the offer!

I have a pair of 1" spacers you can have as well, so now you have 3 options.

Are you going with the 2” BDS? You may need a 3/4” spacer unless you don’t mind some rake. I did 3” BDS recently and it had as much rake as the first pics in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going with the 2” BDS? You may need a 3/4” spacer unless you don’t mind some rake. I did 3” BDS recently and it had as much rake as the first pics in this thread.

Yes, 2". I do want some rake since I load it up during hunting season and wheelin trips. How much did you end up with? I am looking for 1/2 to 5/8 inch but no more. I do have some .75 spacers on the way, just in case.

Yes, 2". I do want some rake since I load it up during hunting season and wheelin trips. How much did you end up with? I am looking for 1/2 to 5/8 inch but no more.

It looked pretty severe at first and settled a little bit and I could have lived with it even more so if I were running 33s. I had about 11/8” and added a 3/4 spacer but 1/2 would have been perfect
5cd41884a86b7fa8b79ea89476af056d.jpg
before
5ee1bc6a8ed1327d27b370e7538ab0bd.jpg
after, I did the front first and had a 2” BB in rear. Drove it like that for a week and it was perfectly level but I had a hard top on and no spare or rear seat.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I have a pair of 1" spacers you can have as well, so now you have 3 options.
That’s cool. Also @Rob5589, Where is the best place to measure for true rake? I would think that if the coil springs were measuring equal lift front and rear, that you would have a factory 1” rake. From there you can decide where you are and what you want and go for it.

I don't know if it's the best place to measure but I go as far forward and rearward on the frame. Basically as close to the control arm mounts as I can.

I do have some 1.75” spacers. I could cut them down with a hacksaw. Anyone ever do this? Or have any advice for why or why not?

I do have some 1.75” spacers. I could cut them down with a hacksaw. Anyone ever do this? Or have any advice for why or why not?

I just did this last week. I put it in a vice and used a band saw. It’s messy. I had to put the spacer above the rubber spring isolator because of the way it is designed on the top. So far no issues. I don’t see why there would be. I would have just ordered them but I’m impatient and wanted it done while I had time to do it. Just make sure it’s straight and make sure you’re cutting the bottom part off unless you want to core the hole out to fit into the bottom of the rubber spring iso.

Let’s do it Rob. I think 1.25 is right. And you’re welcome to my 0.75” spacers, brand new in package. PM me! I’m heading out for a bit.

Let’s do it Rob. I think 1.25 is right. And you’re welcome to my 0.75” spacers, brand new in package. PM me! I’m heading out for a bit.
Thanks but I already have some .75 en route. I will finish it up Sat evening and let you know. I cannot see needing them however.

I installed 2" coil spacers up front on my 2004 and when i went to install the rear spacers the inner diameter was too small (bought off of Craigslist and the guy said they would fit) so I've been running with 33" tires with no lift in the rear for the last couple of months. No problems with street driving and only slight rubbing on the flares offroad...

View attachment 12283

I also have an aftermarket front bumper and winch that might be causing the front to sit a little lower than expected... Whenever I get around to installing spacers in the rear, i might try some ZJ or JK springs up front to level it out.

when I purchased my TJ the original owners had installed a 2"BB so I'm in the same boat as the OP as far as the rake goes, but I attribute some of it to the Rockhard bumper and the winch I installed adding a bit of weight to the front...I think this spring I'll just remove the spacer from the rear springs and see of it levels out as well as yours did

wcr37kX.jpg

Reactions: KCsTJ and Rob5589
Ok, so I couldn’t resist adding the 0.75” spacers to the 10mm. I really don’t think this will be an issue at all. They fit together like hand and glove. It’s 1 1/8” total and now it sits absolutely perfect. I’m even jealous of my Jeep.
138BBA6B-5855-489E-974E-A7D31CA3704A.jpeg

The distance from top of tire to edge of flare in front is 7 1/4 in front and 8 in rear. At the control Arms 19 in front and 19 in rear. So the frame is perfectly level, but there is a slight rake, almost unnoticeable to the naked eye.
8864C577-B8A8-4E44-830F-54B330D80DC6.jpeg

Also tapped and died the lower perch with a 3/8-16. This corrected my bumpstop, which was above the cup. So happy I did this and so pleased with the result. Thanks @bobthetj03! As you all know, he is so much help
8400657B-46DB-4F77-8CDE-272B56CC4299.jpeg

And one more, just for fun. If you ever wondered what your Jeep would look like if it was a dually.
8A0120FD-0793-4BB9-ABE3-F43805624B41.jpeg

Ok, so I couldn’t resist adding the 0.75” spacers to the 10mm. I really don’t think this will be an issue at all. They fit together like hand and glove. It’s 1 1/8” total and now it sits absolutely perfect. I’m even jealous of my Jeep.
View attachment 32143
The distance from top of tire to edge of flare in front is 7 1/4 in front and 8 in rear. At the control Arms 19 in front and 19 in rear. So the frame is perfectly level, but there is a slight rake, almost unnoticeable to the naked eye.
View attachment 32145
Also tapped and died the lower perch with a 3/8-16. This corrected my bumpstop, which was above the cup. So happy I did this and so pleased with the result. Thanks @bobthetj03! As you all know, he is so much help
View attachment 32146
And one more, just for fun. If you ever wondered what your Jeep would look like if it was a dually.
View attachment 32144

I learned this from @bobthetj03 also and he is a huge help. We may drive him crazy at times but you wouldn’t know it lol. Looks great!

Reactions: JMT and bobthetj03
Nicely done young Jedi's. I'm no expert by any means, but most of what I know I learned in the school of hard knocks, so If I can spare a fellow jeeper the agony, then yay! It helps owning a TJ for 13 years and being a jeepaholic.