Budget mods

Miracle Jeep

I have made some "Budget Mods" and am curious if others have similar ideas to share.

First is my Dead pedal made from a scrap of 1-1/2" aluminum angle with adhesive grip tape attached. I drill-tapped and screwed it on.

Second is my entry guard made with the same adhesive grip tape, just cut to length and wrapped over the edge.

Third is my budget bumper mod, I bought these bumper ends (link below) that are designed for the rear bumper but I used them on my front bumper by trimming my stock bumper and drilling a couple mounting holes.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-automotive/rear-bumper-end-cap-jeep-wrangler-tj-unlimited

deadpedal.jpg

entryguard.jpg

bumper.jpg

Dead pedal from a 90s mustang. Less than $10 from ebay.
DeadPedal.jpg

$50 heated seats (favorite)
IMG_3157[1].JPG

$10 mirror with compass/temp from an early tahoe
IMG_3104[1].JPG

Stubby OEM bumper. Free
IMG_2719[1].JPG

Windstar Intake. Maybe $15?
IMG_1717[1].JPG

Yep its been fixed. I pulled it out on an obstacle, only to realize it was a dead-end. Had to spool it back in under no weight. Saving pennies for synthetic!
I've had to winch when my wire rope was loose like that, sometimes you just don't have a choice when using it several times in a day. That's why I had to replace my wire rope twice due to damage before finally replacing it with synthetic maybe 13-14 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: tworley
Swap the visors left to right so the labels are hid, free. They just pull off.