Budget TJ

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Well , with the skid plate all done < awesome product > its time to move on.

Has anyone ever made their own rear tube flairs ? You can buy a tube bender for $150.00. You would need to make the back plate , < using old flare for pattern > then bend a tube. Use cardboard to get the shape of the skin and weld her up.

Here are the Metal clock version to get a idea.
2410-2.jpg
2426-2T.jpg

As i was looking online at jeep parts i came across some half doors. The doors did not except a top section and were $800 CDN. Being cheap and liking to do my own stuff i decided to cut up a damaged door that came with my jeep. If it works i have a second spare door for the other side i will do as well.
26170380_10154911910067251_5287290592483388569_o.jpg
26173480_10154911909977251_6851997687060071141_o.jpg

Reactions: Kathy
As i was looking online at jeep parts i came across some half doors. The doors did not except a top section and were $800 CDN. Being cheap and liking to do my own stuff i decided to cut up a damaged door that came with my jeep. If it works i have a second spare door for the other side i will do as well. View attachment 27719 View attachment 27721
What did you do to fill in the open section where the window was?

What did you do to fill in the open section where the window was?

I am not that far yet but i will be using 1" x 2 1/2" tube. The tube will give added strength and keep the door nice and straight. I will post photos as i go. Dam metal shop is closed for a few days.

Reactions: Kathy
I am not that far yet but i will be using 1" x 2 1/2" tube. The tube will give added strength and keep the door nice and straight. I will post photos as i go. Dam metal shop is closed for a few days.
Ok....thanks. I did half doors from full doors on a Samurai once. Wanted to see how you did yours.

I like your idea, good plan.

A while back I picked up the set of oem half doors from a '97 Sport I sold to a co-worker. He never used them, as the TJ had full doors also. Anyway, he sold the Jeep without the doors, so I got 'em for $200. I just have to paint them silver...

Reactions: Randy_K
I like your idea, good plan.

A while back I picked up the set of oem half doors from a '97 Sport I sold to a co-worker. He never used them, as the TJ had full doors also. Anyway, he sold the Jeep without the doors, so I got 'em for $200. I just have to paint them silver...
That's a great buy!!

Love the way that fits...and those rings on the top will come in handy to tie stuff down.
(spotted your 'my other car' rear sticker hahaha)
I have a Best top tunnel cover to put on when my soft top is on. This box let me leave some stuff in the jeep when I'm not around.

BTW the sticker is somewhat accurate . These are the running ones...
collection.jpg

Reactions: Squatch and Kiwi TJ