Build lift, or buy kit?

mateocubillos

Finally upgraded from my 2002 2.5l to a 2005 4.0l sport, and I plan to keep it a pretty simple, I just want 2-2.5" of lift with 32"s, I dont really off-road like that but it'd be cool to in the future. I hear conflicting things about all lift kits, and if kits are even the way to go and what brands suck and what not. I dont have an infinite budget but id like to make this a one time purchase so ill save if I need to, if anyone has a recommendation, and what 32's are best and if I should go AT or MT!

any in particular I should check out?

Try the OME TJ Kit or the Ultimate kit at DPG offroad.

https://dpgoffroad.com/product/old-man-emu-tjlj-wrangler/

The reason I suggest this choice is:
1. You wanna keep it simple, so just get one already pieced together.

2. DPG offroad has good customer service support as you install it.

3. You dont plan on offroading, but will have the foundation set to do so. These kits get you going. The Ultimate kit is more complete.

Note:
*you can piece togethor your own kit, but that requires more work. (Homework + ordering)

**Be prepared to spend more on misc items. Possible needs: wheel spacers, linkages, etc...

Screenshot_20220623-093528_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Finally upgraded from my 2002 2.5l to a 2005 4.0l sport, and I plan to keep it a pretty simple, I just want 2-2.5" of lift with 32"s, I dont really off-road like that but it'd be cool to in the future. I hear conflicting things about all lift kits, and if kits are even the way to go and what brands suck and what not. I dont have an infinite budget but id like to make this a one time purchase so ill save if I need to, if anyone has a recommendation, and what 32's are best and if I should go AT or MT!

Save your money until you have a problem to solve. Stock TJs are really capable and it sounds like you're not even pushing that limit.

Reactions: Sancho