Build Progression

jordans05tj

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I've come up with some form of a game plan for how I want to build my Jeep, I'm wanting to do it in stages and I wanted to hear some opinions from those who know more than me. I want to end up tummy tucked with a Currie lift and 35's. My Jeep has the Dana 35 out back, but a super 35 kit will hold up to that according to most on this forum. To start out I have a stock TJ, it's got new 31x10.5x15 BFG's on it. My first real upgrade I'm wanting to do is a body lift, MML and a transfer case shifter. I'll probably go with Savvy for all of this. As it is right now my Jeep is an awesome trail rig and I've had it in some rocks, but I have scraped the skids some and that brings me to my next series of upgrades. Once the body lift is on I want to do the tummy tuck. With the tummy tuck from my understanding you either need adjustable control arms for the rear axle, or the better way to do it is with a SYE/CV shaft. I would probably do a higher clearance gas tank skid at this point, but I'd want to stay with stock suspension here for a bit and focus on clearance. My only holdup here is once I get around to the suspension I'd probably be ordering a new driveshaft, which isn't ridiculously expensive but that's something I'm considering. From there I'd probably do the super 35 before the suspension lift, which would bring me to my end goal. When I first got the Jeep I was anxious to jump up to 37's and coilovers but people on here talked some sense into me and convinced me I'll be fine on a properly built Jeep with 35's. So am I missing anything on the stages of how I'm wanting to accomplish my goal? If I'm overlooking something or just plain ignorant to some issue going this route I'd love to hear more from others on here, let me know what y'all think.