Build the rig to fit the trail

Hey man, you forgot to take the sticker off your tire, haha!

What is that decal of on the hood?

This thread has been a good read. Surprising to read how many would/are moving back to 31" tires, realizing they are more than enough for the wheeling they do. I took my Rubicon out the other day to an off road area nearby. That thing, with the OME lift & the generic 32" tires, would climb anything I pointed it at, no lockers needed.

The more I read, the more I am inclined to get either 31" BFG KO2s or Duratracs for my next set of tires. I would love to get a bit of street performance back. Although, today on the freeway, my Rubicon had no problem getting up to 65/70 with no issues...

Reactions: UpperMI and StG58
Duratracs... Mmmmm! I love the way they look too.
We know you have a red Duratrac light by your computer that flashes when that tire is mentioned in a thread :p

Seriously, though, I ran KO tires for so many years, and loved them. Don't really think I paid much attention to the rating in years past, though...

Reactions: Chris and StG58
The hood decal is long gone along with the jack on the hood. The crap winch has been replaced with a Warn. I will have new pictures as soon as this thing is back on it's wheels & tires.

Ahhh, smart man! You my friend sound like you're on the right track!

245/75-16. Have yet to see them anywhere in C rating, but have not asked at a store.

When I bought mine, duratracs were one of the only all terrain tires I could get in a "c" load range in 245/75/16 size. And I looked hard to try and find anything other than an "e" load range tire. So that was one of he reasons why I chose the duratracs.

IMG_2909.JPG
IMG_2911.JPG
IMG_2914.JPG
IMG_2917.JPG

It's almost finished. Just a few small things left to do. (Like clean up and install the wheel center caps) Hurried up and snapped some pics before it got dark.