• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Build the rig to fit the trail

glwood

Jeep # 13
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks guys. Still weird to see it on smaller tires compared to the 35's but man does it drive sooooo much better.

Old:
20161023_124824218_ios-jpg.13325.jpg

New:
img_2909-jpg.13323.jpg

Wanted to see them next to each other. Looks great IMO, much more usable with 32s. I really like how the wheels came out, and I love those tires!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob80x

Rob80x

TJ Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2017
Grayling, MI
I was hoping they would have ended up on the same page but of course it had to be on the next page. Thanks for doing the side by side for me.

I really liked the looks of the Ravines, so I bought 5 of them from a junk yard for $200 and had them sand blasted and triple powder coated (Primer, Sparkle Silver, Clear) as Michigan road salt kills wheels so finding 10 year old wheels in good shape is next to impossible. I will have to take some pictures the next time the sun is out.

I have some 1" spring spacers I am thinking of adding to the front as the rear sits about 1.5" higher right now.

glwood

Jeep # 13
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
You may have said before, if so I missed it...Those wheels mounted appear to have wheel spacers. Yes?

Just noticing from all the photos - there isn't a lot of difference in how the Jeep sits before and after, so going down from 'huge' tires, didn't change up the look as much as one would think; but as you said, noticeably better in the driveability factor.

OP
StG58

StG58

Backwoods Amateur
Supporting Member
Oct 29, 2015
Orygun, the wet side...
@StG58, thanks for starting this thread. Very informative and a lot of good ideas flying around.
You're very welcome! :) This thread has taken on a life of its own.

Weird concept, I know, but building a TJ is more than just slapping the latest and greatest parts on it and going wheeling.

Reactions: Rob80x

Rob80x

TJ Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2017
Grayling, MI
Sorry I feel like I have taken over this thread. But it was a big part of my decision to downsize my Jeep. I'm sure it's helping others as well.

I just finished adding leveling spacers to the front and I think it sits much better now.

IMG_2974.JPG

IMG_2973.JPG

IMG_2975.JPG

Reactions: Rob5589