Build the rig to fit the trail

Really liking how well this combo works. Had no problem going where everyone else went even though I was getting picked on for making my Jeep smaller lol

IMG_0675.JPG
IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

Reactions: Rob5589
That's a nice stance...

Sorry I feel like I have taken over this thread. But it was a big part of my decision to downsize my Jeep. I'm sure it's helping others as well.

One thing that would really help (and always does for everyone) is if you could put the details of your Jeep and modifications in your profile. That way we wouldn't have to keep asking you what lift, tires, etc., each time. Looking at all the mod threads, they start to run together...

Details on the leveling spacers?
When I bought the Jeep the PO had these rubber spacers that went above the front coil springs. They are good for about a 2" lift. I removed them when I put the new 4" lift on (when it was on 35's). When I went to the 2" springs the front was down about 1.75" from the rear. So I removed the factory rubber isolators and replaced them with the 2" risers ai previously removed to give a 1.5" lift. Now the rear sits 0.25" higher than the front. Hope that all made sense lol

One thing that would really help (and always does for everyone) is if you could put the details of your Jeep and modifications in your profile. That way we wouldn't have to keep asking you what lift, tires, etc., each time. Looking at all the mod threads, they start to run together...
Updated, thanks.

I think I might need to up my game a little. My AT'S can't keep up on my trails anymore lol. Finally had to use my winch.
ec4aecab9659292a8e7e6cea1d41269e.jpg
c28038fc2886f30a712370115cc7d373.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob80x
I think I might need to up my game a little. My AT'S can't keep up on my trails anymore lol. Finally had to use my winch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I would say it's just about right if you finally had to use your winch. If you had to use it every time you went out then it's under built for your trails. I still haven't had to use mine for myself yet. But trails around here are really easy, most of the time I am in 2wd.

From yesterday after work:
IMG_0697.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG

Reactions: UpperMI and StG58
Wow, I'm jealous! They mark your roads with what an appropriate vehicle is?! Around here, we're lucky if the roads still have the road number stakes on them. lol Looks like fun in the sun though!

There's no shortage of ATV/Motorcycle trails as well. I have a Polaris Scrambler XP 1000 as well (way overkill, wish I would have never bought it) as well so I run them too.

Wanting to get other Jeeper's opinions...

I did the whole lift kit, black steel wheels, 33" tires, 1.25" body lift, etc., and now am regretting all of it. It's just too much for me.

So I have decided to soon drop down to 31" tires, on factory Ecco rims; take out my body lift, and take out my motor mount lift. But I have not decided if I want to drop my 2" coil lift for factory springs. I just like how the TJ Rubicon sits and the attitude that you don't need anything more than 31" tires and stock springs. That's the vibe I am going for.

7OliDp56pePaoUNGVRY8tRxB6Caly_PLELYNMKHhvcYm-Jp8Gn7vyFNKvg4_-fKyLIOZuEUdOw=w328-h220-no.jpg

The question though is, is it worth dropping the 2" lift? Other than losing 2" of extra "flex space", but gaining better aerodynamics?

dyQUIj8ctQjsYH8XhqQF3BIWQvheWfxVMg03VSbK52_ENz0K0r9buXulNB5ZzHcdJaxHYMGzMYLQX8PoWMq=w477-h358-no.jpg

This is what I used to have (31" tires, and nothing else). Very tempted to go back.

So you have 2" suspension and 1.25 body? I would run it as-is with the Eccos and 31's. Seems like unnecessary work to remove the BL only to drop it 1.25". I laughed when you mentioned Jeep "aerodynamics." :D

X2. Keep the 2" suspension lift at least. BL and MMLare optional, but don't know why you would go to all that work to undo what you did. If you do, let me know and I might buy the BL and MML

Reactions: Kyle_W