Build Thread 2 - the recovery

$8,000 isn't that bad actually, that's pretty good. Keep your eye out for deals, and potentially used parts in the process. You never know when you might find a deal!

You forgot to add V8 swap to the list though!
If I can catch deals and discounts, then so much the better! I just missed a 15% off UCF deal they were running.

Oh man, please don't go the gen 4 swap on me. That would be just way to cool. Not in the cards right now though. Let me get this thing "finished" first. Plus, I've got a JKU in the stable now to deal with.

Reactions: Chris
If I can catch deals and discounts, then so much the better! I just missed a 15% off UCF deal they were running.

Oh man, please don't go the gen 4 swap on me. That would be just way to cool. Not in the cards right now though. Let me get this thing "finished" first. Plus, I've got a JKU in the stable now to deal with.

Word to the wise... wait until Black Friday and Cyber Monday to make your biggest purchases. Those are supposed to be (according to experts) the most heavily discounted days of the entire year.

Reactions: StG58
5 years isn't bad really. Gives you time to change your plan, which inevitably happens. I had plans to re-gear/traction devices in a few years but sorta fell into doing it sooner when I decided to narrow down my hobbies and sell off some gear (photography). Gave me the cash needed to take care of the big (expensive) mods being gears/locker/Truetrac and a winch.

Just keep an eye out for good deals on pieces along the way. Pick em up and stash them away until ready.

Reactions: StG58