Build-Your-Own Rear Driveshaft For SYE

Also tons of slip travel so it can be a spare for front and rear if the joints match.

On my XJ 4.0/aw4/231 I did the hack-n-tap sye and ran a stock front shaft in the rear. Anyone do something like that with an LJ or stretched TJ?

Also tons of slip travel so it can be a spare for front and rear if the joints match.

On my XJ 4.0/aw4/231 I did the hack-n-tap sye and ran a stock front shaft in the rear. Anyone do something like that with an LJ or stretched TJ?
That too. A regular cab toyota with dual transfercases has essentially the same measurements for the front and rear driveshaft. So you only need to carry one spare drive shaft.

I think the tj or lj driveshaft lengths are still so different. I know the front is a lot longer than the rear even on an lj.

I think the front is still close to a foot longer than the rear on an LJ.

That too. A regular cab toyota with dual transfercases has essentially the same measurements for the front and rear driveshaft. So you only need to carry one spare drive shaft.

I think the tj or lj driveshaft lengths are still so different. I know the front is a lot longer than the rear even on an lj.
I think the front is still close to a foot longer than the rear on an LJ.
Mine is pretty close. I can actually carry 1 long travel spare driveshaft for both the front and rear.