Building my own TJ wiring harness

StPeteTony

I've started a 1999 Jeep TJ rebuild project and I'm attempting to complete it with "mostly" new parts from the ground up.

One thing I never see on any TJ projects (YouTube or forums) is the replacing of the original wiring and/or harnesses, why? My wires look so ratty & dirty (3rd) so replacing them would provide such a clean look.

I've noticed Painless does not have a direct TJ replacement kit, so how would I do it? Other kit? Build my own? (yuck)

Thanks for the time and ideas!

One thing I never see on any TJ projects (YouTube or forums) is the replacing of the original wiring and/or harnesses, why? My wires look so ratty & dirty (3rd) so replacing them would provide such a clean look.

Because I don't think anyone wants to endure the time required to make a new wiring harness, when you could go find a used, low mileage factory wiring harness in good condition, plug it in, and not look back.

This seems like one of those things you'd do out of boredom. Not that there is anything wrong with it by all means. Heck, I'd love to see what you come up with!

Reactions: Bill M.
The first person that makes a new plug and play wiring harness that can make them constantly for a TJ Wrangler is going to make a ton of money :oops: just saying!