Built a TJ with my daughter

jwernatl

1998 TJ SPORT 5spd. -it's almost done - just need to add a/c and a hard top.

We've put in front floorpans and POR15'd the entire floorpan all of it- front and back - on both, the top and bottom - (yes I got dripped on, but it looks good!!) -

Ive rebuild the entire suspension including steering - every piece, every bushing - everything —

New clutch, replaced the brake lines, replaced the front brakes (all of it) -

Now all we need to do is add a/c and get a hard top —

I'd like to get the HARDtop this week. hmmmmmmm....I'd like to get a sun roof for sure. So, I'm looking at two different tops - BULL DAWG Mfg and Rally TOPS anyone got any preferences???
THUMBNAIL_20190922_091843.jpeg

I do know. My 13 year old daughter is already angling for mine. This one is mine until I no longer breathe, but I wouldn't mind 2 TJs or even a YJ in the driveway. I'm sure I'm gonna play that card in 3 or 4 more years, but the girl better learn some wrench skills if she wants a classic as a DD, if you know what I mean

1998 TJ SPORT 5spd. -it's almost done - just need to add a/c and a hard top.

We've put in front floorpans and POR15'd the entire floorpan all of it- front and back - on both, the top and bottom - (yes I got dripped on, but it looks good!!) -

Ive rebuild the entire suspension including steering - every piece, every bushing - everything —

New clutch, replaced the brake lines, replaced the front brakes (all of it) -

Now all we need to do is add a/c and get a hard top —

I'd like to get the HARDtop this week. hmmmmmmm....I'd like to get a sun roof for sure. So, I'm looking at two different tops - BULL DAWG Mfg and Rally TOPS anyone got any preferences???View attachment 119929

I have a rally top, it’s fine - but since the TJ is pretty common you could probably find an OEM one and get the wiper/defrost

That is a beautiful looking Jeep, I love the color. Your daughter is a very lucky girl. I don’t have a hard top so can’t give advice.

What tires are you running there? They look great!

That is a beautiful looking Jeep, I love the color. Your daughter is a very lucky girl. I don’t have a hard top so can’t give advice.

What tires are you running there? They look great!

Thank you, I kinda fell into this look. It's been pieced together over time with the vision always the same.

The tires are BFGoodrich Baja Champion 32x11.5

The wheels ar American Racing 1725865b satin black 15x8.5

Loved my soft top so I can't give any advice from personal experience but from what I've read on here, most all would say it's worth finding a OEM hard top.
And yes, very nice TJ you have there.