• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Built Dana Super 35 in action (video)

ScottB

TJ Enthusiast
Aug 6, 2017
Milton, FL, United States
There have been many, many heated discussions about building a Dana 35 or building a Ford 8.8. The question always comes up, which is better, Dana 35 is junk, blah, blah, blah. However I haven't seen many (any) videos of the Dana 35 in use. Before you watch the video, consider this. This is only a small about of the off road obstacles that I put my TJ through. I don't abuse it, but I do wheel it pretty hard.

Here is a short list of what has been done to my Dana 35 that would effect the Dana 35:

2005 TJ, 4.0 auto

33X15X12.5
3" Teraflex 8 arm lift
Revolution Gear 4.88
ARB lockers front and rear
Superior Axle rear truss
Revolution Gear rear axle shafts -- 30 spline 1541H
Advance Adapters SYE
Panhandle rear driveshaft

Reactions: JMT

fourpointzero

TJ Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2016
New Jersey
Wish I could watch it. YouTube would have been universally better, as I dont have FB.

Dont doubt its a stout axel. Will be my route when and if I do go above 35” tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
A Facebook video that doesn't work? Big surprise there.

Fuck Facebook and fuck Zuckerberg.

Sorry. Did I mention how much I fucking HATE Facebook?

Anyways, I would have liked to see the video. YouTube would be a better place to upload it to (and then link here), or you could upload the video directly to the forum, if it's under 36MB.

I look forward to watching it once you get it worked out (the video I mean) :)

mtngoattj

TJ Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2017
US
A Facebook video that doesn't work? Big surprise there.

Fuck Facebook and fuck Zuckerberg.

Sorry. Did I mention how much I fucking HATE Facebook?

Anyways, I would have liked to see the video. YouTube would be a better place to upload it to (and then link here), or you could upload the video directly to the forum, if it's under 36MB.

I look forward to watching it once you get it worked out (the video I mean) :)
I am totally offended by those comments [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Fouledplugs

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Jun 19, 2017
Alabama/South Carolina
Well there you go. Hopefully this goes to show new members that the Dana 35 axle is just fine as long as you build it correctly and know how to drive!
There have been many, many heated discussions about building a Dana 35 or building a Ford 8.8. The question always comes up, which is better, Dana 35 is junk, blah, blah, blah. However I haven't seen many (any) videos of the Dana 35 in use. Before you watch the video, consider this. This is only a small about of the off road obstacles that I put my TJ through. I don't abuse it, but I do wheel it pretty hard.

Here is a short list of what has been done to my Dana 35 that would effect the Dana 35:

2005 TJ, 4.0 auto

33X15X12.5
3" Teraflex 8 arm lift
Revolution Gear 4.88
ARB lockers front and rear
Superior Axle rear truss
Revolution Gear rear axle shafts -- 30 spline 1541H
Advance Adapters SYE
Panhandle rear driveshaft

Tuned in to see a lot more wheeling action.