I guess it's not clear to me what part of the directions is a problem. The gusset and the bracket should jig together leaving you with two degrees of freedom. 1. The position axially on the tube. I presume there is a dimension for this in the instructions. 2. The radial position of the assembly, ie 11 oclock when looking down the axle tube from the knuckle in. That clocking appears to be what arctec is describing above, no?

I would think it should be stepped through like this: assemble the pieces mark correct axial location on tube. Put angle finder on gusset with zero from cover face and rotate assembly until its 3.5deg back from flush and tack. If you're worried it might be incorrect (and always a prudent idea) leave it tacked and when you go to install check that your positioning is correct before complete welding.
1. that is depicted in a different picture, it's 4 inches from the edge of the spring bucket to the edge of the bracket.
2. this is the one I'm having a hard time with simple because i have a hard time keeping the portion of the bracket perpendicular to the axle tube. i can bend it any way without rotating it on the tube.

this is because there is so much slop in the puzzle part of the bracket. I think i will tack the uprights onto the lower bracket to hold it in that regard. locate it 3.5* from the mounting face, take some pictures, see what you guys think.

Dunno why i was trying it the other way. Managed to get it tacked in its puzzled position. should be a lot easier to locate now.

IMG_7681.jpg IMG_7682.jpg 633734385.jpg IMG_7686.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same. Why did you change?
The MC springs had a required minimum bump stop length, which cut me off at 2.5" up (which is stupid). Plus my front springs seem to have sagged quite a bit more than the rears which was frustrating, but that problem seem to be more specific to me. The minimum bump is per their instructions to "prevent damage" to the dual rate portion I believe.

I am almost at nirvana for my ideal setup.

Last edited:
The MC springs had a required minimum bump stop length, which cut me off at 2.5" up (which is stupid). Plus my front springs seem to have sagged quite a bit more than the rears which was frustrating, but that problem seem to be more specific to me. The minimum bump is per their instructions to "prevent damage" to the dual rate portion I believe.

I am almost a nirvana for my ideal setup.
The currie springs (4") are only 1" more uptravel than the mc 4". 3.5 UT will still leave a lot to be desired. I had that much with my Mc lift.

The currie springs (4") are only 1" more uptravel than the mc 4". 3.5 UT will still leave a lot to be desired. I had that much with my Mc lift.
I actually ordered the 3" Savvy springs.
The 3.5" MC springs had sagged below 3" of lift which is all they netted me in the first place, and I had bumps set up for 2.5" UT before they even did that. The 3" savvy's should let me have 4-ish inches of UT once I'm done, which is my ultimate goal.

Reactions: B00mb00m
Got out and tested the new tires yesterday, nothing exciting around town. But holy cow are these nice in the snow! I've never been able to stop and go this nice on ice

View attachment 226316

That is good to know. Being able to drive & stop is a big thing in the snow. Jeep is looking great too.

Thanks bud! There was hardly anyone out so i got to practice locking up the wheels and such. Even sliding, it stops really fast.

Have fun. I've stayed home since this all started. I got between 8"-10" just yesterday and about 6" on Friday. And it's still snow off and on.

Reactions: Squatch
Axle is on hold due to some other not-very-exciting fleet maintenance that I refuse to do outside, hoping to knock all that out this weekend and then remove my old axle and start in on the HP30 with no looking back.

today I finally installed my Warn, and got my line wound on. It's sexy :cool:

IMG_7733.jpg

IMG_7738.jpg

Axle is on hold due to some other not-very-exciting fleet maintenance that I refuse to do outside, hoping to knock all that out this weekend and then remove my old axle and start in on the HP30 with no looking back.

today I finally installed my Warn, and got my line wound on. It's sexy :cool:

View attachment 227438

View attachment 227439
Will you be ready for a walker trip in March? I haven't been to walker for a few months.

Reactions: Wildman
I haven't installed them yet. Got all my fleet maintenance out of the way. hoping to start the HP30 build this week. I'm going to be setting everything up with the new springs. Will definitely be posting about it as I go :geek:
Ahhh... So "new springs in" meant that they came to your house, not that you installed them ;)

Reactions: Vasq