I'm currently driving the Jeep to work every day and burning the tank level down so it's nice and light so I can start in on the rear. I'm halfway there!

Have you gotten the 25 gal tank installed? I used my motorcycle lift to remove and install the tank. A floor jack works with a board also but just a little less stable.

Have you gotten the 25 gal tank installed? I used my motorcycle lift to remove and install the tank. A floor jack works with a board also but just a little less stable.
no that's part of my "rear end" project. I'mma get the tank/skid all cleaned up this weekend. I've only got the floor jack, so i want to make the tank as light as possible. My plan is to just remove the foot on the floor jack and bolt the board right to it for a little extra stability.
I wanted to do the tank at the same time so i can do all my work under there with the extra space, then install the new tank last.

Reactions: Wildman
no that's part of my "rear end" project. I'mma get the tank/skid all cleaned up this weekend. I've only got the floor jack, so i want to make the tank as light as possible. My plan is to just remove the foot on the floor jack and bolt the board right to it for a little extra stability.
I wanted to do the tank at the same time so i can do all my work under there with the extra space, then install the new tank last.

I kept the foot on my floor jack but was using a 2x10 or 12 that was 3' long. I've dropped it when it was 3/4 full before that way. The motorcycle jack was the better way but both ways work.

Just make sure you have the rear high enough to allow the tank to come out. When I'd swapped from the stock tank to the GR tank I'd screwed up and didn't have it high enough.

Reactions: Vasq
I kept the foot on my floor jack but was using a 2x10 or 12 that was 3' long. I've dropped it when it was 3/4 full before that way. The motorcycle jack was the better way but both ways work.

Just make sure you have the rear high enough to allow the tank to come out. When I'd swapped from the stock tank to the GR tank I'd screwed up and didn't have it high enough.
That's a really good point, I didn't think of that.

Hey, @Vasq...I think I have a brand new motorcycle jack sitting in the cellar, if'n you want to use it. Just give me a heads-up, so I can look for it. I think I know the general area of its location...:unsure:

• Love
Hey, @Vasq...I think I have a brand new motorcycle jack sitting in the cellar, if'n you want to use it. Just give me a heads-up, so I can look for it. I think I know the general area of its location...:unsure:
That's weird, I never got a notification from this?
I will definitely borrow that!

In other news, poking around the back of the Jeep, I just noticed I don't have any holes in the frame to line up the spring brackets I was planning on relocating. Is this normal for certain years or is mine special?

In other news, poking around the back of the Jeep, I just noticed I don't have any holes in the frame to line up the spring brackets I was planning on relocating. Is this normal for certain years or is mine special?
With far too many of us complaining about acquiring all those "extra holes" in our TJ frames, I think you posted that just to brag. Stop it, man! Not cool! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Vasq
Reactions: Squatch

Update, I'm dumb (control your laughter). The hole you align your spring perch on is on top of the arch.
It's there..

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and Wildman
https://www.emfrodends.com/collecti...joint-small-3-4-16-thread?variant=25436358472
Ordered a new heim joint for my MC front track bar, cheaper than replacing the whole thing, and getting another one from MC is just a band aid.

Also ordered a JKS rear track bar and bracket because again, the MC combo chewed itself up and even if I could get MC to warranty them, it's just a band aid.
I did the same when i had the MC trackbar but used an FK heim. What made you go with EMF?

I did the same when i had the MC trackbar but used an FK heim. What made you go with EMF?
Just positive reviews. Didn't do too much research on brands to be honest.
Never heard of FK heim, what lead you to them?

Kinda searched FK heim's, they look a lot like what came with the MC bar. I like that the EMF has a grease fitting and and is rebuild-able and doesn't require the alignment(?) bushings.

Last edited:
Update, I'm dumb (control your laughter). The hole you align your spring perch on is on top of the arch.
It's there..

Funny how we all can miss something and then turn around and find it after the fact.

• Haha
Funny how we all can miss something and then turn around and find it after the fact.
I don't know why but a swear i read it was on the underside of the arch and I must've spent 30 mintues cramming my fingers in there and using flashlights, mirrors, checking the other side to see if it has it.

I ordered parts to make myself feel better.

• Haha
I don't know why but a swear i read it was on the underside of the arch and I must've spent 30 mintues cramming my fingers in there and using flashlights, mirrors, checking the other side to see if it has it.

I ordered parts to make myself feel better.

Damn if I did that every time I couldn't find stuff on my Jeep I'd be broke.... Wait what am I thinking......
I am broke from buying all these Jeep parts.

• Haha
Damn if I did that every time I couldn't find stuff on my Jeep I'd be broke.... Wait what am I thinking......
I am broke from buying all these Jeep parts.
Yeahhhh don't you try to exclude yourself. We have the same problem mister!

• Haha
Just positive reviews. Didn't do too much research on brands to be honest.
Never heard of FK heim, what lead you to them?

Kinda searched FK heim's, they look a lot like what came with the MC bar. I like that the EMF has a grease fitting and and is rebuild-able and doesn't require the alignment(?) bushings.
FK heims are kind of the industry standard for off-road racing heims. The FK rod end costs probably 1/3 of the cost of the entire MC track bar. Does EMF publish load ratings? They look like a solid Canadian company just haven't heard of many people using them.

FK heims are kind of the industry standard for off-road racing heims. The FK rod end costs probably 1/3 of the cost of the entire MC track bar. Does EMF publish load ratings? They look like a solid Canadian company just haven't heard of many people using them.
They don't seem to have it published. Is there a link for FK heim's? I tried googling but it looks like a bunch of people make them. I'm assuming FK is a style of heim joint then?

They have a solid catalog, FK is a brand AFAIK: https://www.fkrodends.com/catalogs/

This is my trackbar heim, I like the heim utilized in a vertical orientation as well, especially given the amount of water and debris we see on the west side. When the heim is horizontal with the OEM mount the heim acts as a cup to collect dirt on top:
1619465049718.png