That i do not know as I'm in the same boat at you are, year wise. I have the "ultra" clearance one but i can measure it when I'm home to see if it equates to the 1" drop

Thinking about all this again I'd had to space my skid down like 1/2" so might have to think about the 2" drop kid instead. I'll go out and measure my stuff again. And it's interesting that the 4 cyl skid is cheaper than the 6 cyl skid. Guess I should message them to see what is different between the 3.

Reactions: Vasq
If you look at the pictures they have a different shape where they mount to the transmission skid. Guessing it's due to the different transmission mount.

Early one
View attachment 273297

Later
View attachment 273298

Ya that don't matter to me since I don't have a transmission mount on the skid.

So the 03-06 is smoother and looks better. No I'll go measure the Nth Degree skid to see what the drop is.

Ya that don't matter to me since I don't have a transmission mount on the skid.

So the 03-06 is smoother and looks better. No I'll go measure the Nth Degree skid to see what the drop is.
I think the frame holes are different for the skid between early TJ and late TJs. Not 100 percent sure on that, but verify before you just order one.

Also, check your welder. A lot of wire feeds will run a spool gun, so you can mig aluminum.

I think the frame holes are different for the skid between early TJ and late TJs. Not 100 percent sure on that, but verify before you just order one.

Also, check your welder. A lot of wire feeds will run a spool gun, so you can mig aluminum.

Yes they are different 1997-02 and 03-06.

Yes I can get a spool gun for it just haven't gotten that far yet and not sure I want to try at this point. I've got a Ready Welder I could use also I just need to read up on the How To.

At this point it would have been the only aluminum armor on the rig so I really didn't see the point in it. I know it's the opinion of many that it's the way to go but I guess aluminum armor will have to wait for the 3rd time around.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Well they're poor pictures, But my custom grab handle and now powered phone mount :cool:

Also, after weeks of trying to trace down and intermittent knocking sound, I found that my MC rear track bar heim joint is shot (surprise!) so I'm installing another EMF one this weekend.

Other thank that everything has been running great. Definitely looking forward to a re-gear. Now I just need to get my ass in gear and start selling off all my parts I no longer need.

651246643.jpg IMG_8392.jpg IMG_8393.jpg

EDIT: Dunno what the hell is going on today, but the last two "big" pictures refuse to leave no matter how many times/ways I try deleting them.

I also had something else to share with the class but I can't seem to remember :ROFLMAO: I think I caught a case of CRS

651246643.jpg

IMG_8392.jpg

Last edited:
What is the plan for the regear? 4.56 or 4.88?
Yes selling of old or unused parts is important. I'm sure I'll have stuff as time goes on.

Just sold some old tires. And some V-8 parts that wouldn't fit.

That is a cool looking grab bar.

Reactions: Vasq
What is the plan for the regear? 4.56 or 4.88?
Yes selling of old or unused parts is important. I'm sure I'll have stuff as time goes on.

Just sold some old tires. And some V-8 parts that wouldn't fit.

That is a cool looking grab bar.
Plan was originally 4.88 but I've changed my mind and decided on 4.56. I don't go "wheeling" very often and when I do I'll almost always take bypasses and what not, I just like being out there with everyone, the challenge doesn't excite me (I know, blasphemy).
Another reason I changed my mine is in my not-very-experienced opinion, my NV3550 is every so slightly grown noisier over this summer, and should it go, I'll be replacing it with a AX15 (new) so the 4.56 appears to be a better fit for that as well.

Yeah I have a brand new JKS rear track bar, springs, etc.
just all the left overs that need to go. I need my cash back because my patience is starting to pay off and I might have to make some quick moves to snag a '05 LJ :cool:

Plan was originally 4.88 but I've changed my mind and decided on 4.56. I don't go "wheeling" very often and when I do I'll almost always take bypasses and what not, I just like being out there with everyone, the challenge doesn't excite me (I know, blasphemy).
Another reason I changed my mine is in my not-very-experienced opinion, my NV3550 is every so slightly grown noisier over this summer, and should it go, I'll be replacing it with a AX15 (new) so the 4.56 appears to be a better fit for that as well.

Yeah I have a brand new JKS rear track bar, springs, etc.
just all the left overs that need to go. I need my cash back because my patience is starting to pay off and I might have to make some quick moves to snag a '05 LJ :cool:
Would that happen to be a patriot blue LJ?

I looked at a NEW one back in 2005 and almost traded my TJ in on it. But I'd just paid the TJ off and really didn't want a payment again so I passed on it. But they are a REALLY cool rig.
That would've been pretty sweet. I don't want payments either... so I'm trying to play the long game.

Reactions: kiwi and Wildman
If you get the LJ why would your TJ become the DD? I'd think it would be better the other way around. Your TJ stays the trail vehicle and the LJ is the DD.

Reactions: kiwi
If you get the LJ why would your TJ become the DD? I'd think it would be better the other way around. Your TJ stays the trail vehicle and the LJ is the DD.
That would be the plan. Although in all honesty they would probably get driven equally. TJ would definitely be the trail rig until the LJ is caught up to the same standards lol. I tend to cherish the TJ, a lot more then I will the LJ for sure.

Reactions: Wildman and Squatch