Did a little run up NF-4110. Mini shake down run after installing everything. Have a few quirks to chase down, but over all it was fun and I got some sweet pictures.
-
IMG_5466.jpg

IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

Blinkers will now randomly quit working. Just the blinkers, everything else works fine, including the hazards. I can hear the relay clicking even though the blinkers aren't working. So far my work around has been to hold the hazard light button down, turn each blinker on, then release the hazard button. This seems to work until the Jeep is turned off.

Also, there's something rattling when I'm letting the clutch out. Good times (y)

The other quirk is what I'm assuming is some sort of interference with the rear suspension. When going through the larger pot holes, I could hear a pop/thud in the rear as if something was binding or contacting something else. My track bar is close to the gas tank and the exhaust, but this sounded like it had more weight behind it, to be something hitting the exhaust. So I'll either have to pull the springs and cycle the suspension or find a ramp to back up.

Damn, you got that for free? Talk about a hell of a deal!
Yeah an uncle of mine just hit me up with the offer. Apparently he's much more into woodworking now and it was in his way. "Of course I'll come take that home for you" haha

Reactions: Squatch
Yeah an uncle of mine just hit me up with the offer. Apparently he's much more into woodworking now and it was in his way. "Of course I'll come take that home for you" haha

Wow, talk about a nice uncle. Those things aren't cheap!

Score on the Hobart!! I'm just across the trestle from you. Lived in EVT for the last decade. Wouod like to hit up walker valley sometime soon if I can get my LJ running right.

Reactions: Vasq and Squatch
Score on the Hobart!! I'm just across the trestle from you. Lived in EVT for the last decade. Wouod like to hit up walker valley sometime soon if I can get my LJ running right.
Definitely! I still have a few things to sort out myself but I should be good to go in the next couple months.

Clean that up and slap some synthetic line on it, those go for over a grand new.
WARN XD9000i.2.jpg

That's the plan! yesterday i took a look at the motor, brushes look good and everything was shiny and corrosion free, so i vacuumed it out and moved on to the gear box. Everything was clean in there too and the grease looked good. So i cleaned it up and got it ready to receive the synthetic line off of my old winch.

I spent the whole day in the garage trying to fab up my own exhaust (post muffler) and I think it went quite well. I got a lot farther than I thought I would with 45* and 90* elbows from the parts store. Ended up removing the first hanger and cutting then re-welding the post so it would be up higher, which worked out great. It's not that fancy looking, but I'm only in it about 30 bucks so I'm pleased with myself. Got some high heat black paint I'll hit it with once everything is burned in for good. Hard to take pics, but I tried.
I actually think I own every 45* 2.25" exhaust elbow in Everett, and I still need 1 more. So before anyone asks, that's not where the dump will be lol.

exhaust_fab.1.jpg

exhaust_fab.2.jpg

exhaust_fab.3.jpg

And if anyone is curious, I'm only re-doing my whole rear section because the tummy tuck moved everything up and I just wasn't happy with the hack/temp job I did the first time. Once this is done, everything will be firm and rattle free. Also, if you see any mistakes or have advice, speak up before monday 😁
———————
Day 2

Finished up the last little bit and got the hanger on in the right spot. Burned it all in and now it's got paint drying. I'm really happy with how it turned out, but the first test drive will tell me if I messed anything up.

exhaust_fab.4.jpg

Last edited:
I spent the whole day in the garage trying to fab up my own exhaust (post muffler) and I think it went quite well. I got a lot farther than I thought I would with 45* and 90* elbows from the parts store. Ended up removing the first hanger and cutting then re-welding the post so it would be up higher, which worked out great. It's not that fancy looking, but I'm only in it about 30 bucks so I'm pleased with myself. Got some high heat black paint I'll hit it with once everything is burned in for good. Hard to take pics, but I tried.
I actually think I own every 45* 2.25" exhaust elbow in Everett, and I still need 1 more. So before anyone asks, that's not where the dump will be lol.

View attachment 137988
View attachment 137989
View attachment 137990

And if anyone is curious, I'm only re-doing my whole rear section because the tummy tuck moved everything up and I just wasn't happy with the hack/temp job I did the first time. Once this is done, everything will be firm and rattle free. Also, if you see any mistakes or have advice, speak up before monday 😁
Did you already cycle the suspension fully up and down? That would be the only thing I’d check before burning it in.

Reactions: JMT and Vasq
Did you already cycle the suspension fully up and down? That would be the only thing I’d check before burning it in.
Not without the springs. I jacked my tire up on that side to do a rough check. Because of the bump required for the MC springs I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue but I'm still might check it again.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
Not without the springs. I jacked my tire up on that side to do a rough check. Because of the bump required for the MC springs I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue but I'm still might check it again.
It would be safe but probably not extremely necessary. If anything it will self-clearance with a nice dent.

Reactions: Vasq
View attachment 136679

That's the plan! yesterday i took a look at the motor, brushes look good and everything was shiny and corrosion free, so i vacuumed it out and moved on to the gear box. Everything was clean in there too and the grease looked good. So i cleaned it up and got it ready to receive the synthetic line off of my old winch.
Score! Used parts can really help the budget.

Reactions: Vasq