Spent the morning cruising through some build threads on the forum. Looking at front drive shaft angles, caster, etc.
Got curious about my own measurments so I went out just for kicks. My front CA's were set at whatever MetalCloak suggested as a starting point in their instructions, I was way off. So I roughed in my front axle so to speak.
As far as I can tell, I have 7* Pinion angle, and 6*(ish) caster.
Here's a picture of my arms, uppers still have about 50% threads still in the arm. Dunno about the lowers.

View attachment 123251

—-

And just for kicks, I took a picture of my TT and all my new clearance (which is 17") :geek:

View attachment 123252
—-

Also measured for my drive shafts that I will be placing an order for on Monday. I just measured off of the yoke faces as requested on the Tom Wood website, hopefully I understood that correctly.
Front - 41.75"
Rear - 18.75"
What TT is that? Love the build so far!

Reactions: Vasq
Or snubber mounts, I now realize you have the factory rubber on the front so they are hidden. On most I’ve seen it’s bare up front and has somewhere around 8 random looking holes :) is there a provision for recovery?
There are two large loops on the bottom of the bumper that I believe are for recovery.

IMG_6031.jpg

Well I solved a mystery leak. My JBC SSSYE was somehow having a very slow leak. only in the back, bottom part of the case (not the output shaft housing) and up by the tone ring sensor. I assumed that the oil by the sensor was only getting there from air movement pushing it up. Tried and tried to chase it down to no avail. So I pulled the T-case again and resealed the whole thing...

It still leaked. Same as before.

I kept a very close eye on the the fluid level and at least the leak was very minimal, so I continued to drive it around. Everything was operating well, no strange noises. On a whim, I pulled the speed sensor and after inspecting it, I decided to replace the o-ring with a quad-ring. I figured if it didn't work, oh well. Well.. it did work and i've got no more oil outside the case 😁

So just a head up if anyone has the super short SYE from JB Conversion, check that o-ring!

Well this was my first day off due to my hours being cut recently. I got some fog lights (thanks @Squatch!) and I needed to make some brackets for them. The originals didn't hold the lights quite where I would like them. Still waiting on my primer to dry, but here are the brackets I made.

IMG_6179.jpg IMG_6180.jpg IMG_6181.jpg IMG_6182.jpg

To be continued...

Well this was my first day off due to my hours being cut recently. I got some fog lights (thanks @Squatch!) and I needed to make some brackets for them. The originals didn't hold the lights quite where I would like them. Still waiting on my primer to dry, but here are the brackets I made.

View attachment 152815 View attachment 152816 View attachment 152817 View attachment 152818

To be continued...
Nice! And built out of lightweight racing material, too! (y) Looks sharp, @Vasq!

Reactions: Nickgsjeep and Vasq
Well this was my first day off due to my hours being cut recently. I got some fog lights (thanks @Squatch!) and I needed to make some brackets for them. The originals didn't hold the lights quite where I would like them. Still waiting on my primer to dry, but here are the brackets I made

To be continued...
Looks great! What took did you use to cut and shape the aluminum?

Looks great! What took did you use to cut and shape the aluminum?
I have the raw stock in the garage someplace, it was basically an "H" and i just cut the ears off one side (for each) and used the roller of the belt sander to put the curve in. Then figured out where the holes needed to be. So they look a lot cooler than they are lol

Reactions: Squatch
I have the raw stock in the garage someplace, it was basically an "H" and i just cut the ears off one side (for each) and used the roller of the belt sander to put the curve in. Then figured out where the holes needed to be. So they look a lot cooler than they are lol
They look milled! Could’ve fooled me :)

Just stumbled across your build thread. Really dig the look of the Mopar winch bumper. Rarely seen and looks awesome.
Solid overall build 🤙

Cheers, from a fellow Sienna Pearl owner