Got my axle wire wheeled and pressure washed today. Also got my GTS welded up today. Will probably go over it tomorrow then prep it for paint.

Once they're painted and and the axle is reassembled, I'm going to start in on relocating the upper spring perch's. If anyone has any tips on lifting the tub or any good walk-thru's I'm all ears!

Reactions: Squatch
I don’t have a body lift and did mine without raising the tub, an air chisel helps.
It's that upper ear I don't know how to get to.

IMG_8025.jpg

Reactions: DrDmoney
OK I have a sawzall so I might have to give that a try to start with. Thanks for the tips guys!!

OK I have a sawzall so I might have to give that a try to start with. Thanks for the tips guys!!
I've also had great success with a cut off wheel and air chisel taking off factory brackets, they actually come off pretty clean, then usually come back with a flap wheel for clean up, or in the case of tight spot (that ear), a die grinder with like a 36 grit rolloc disc. I'm close and more than willing to lend tools, if you need.

I've also had great success with a cut off wheel and air chisel taking off factory brackets, they actually come off pretty clean, then usually come back with a flap wheel for clean up, or in the case of tight spot (that ear), a die grinder with like a 36 grit rolloc disc. I'm close and more than willing to lend tools, if you need.
Thanks, I appreciate the offer! I'll probably give it a go, it sounds like I'm making this out to be a lot tougher than it is.

If you want to lift the body, loosen and pull all the body mounts, including the grill. Then jack it up 4 inches or so and use a 4x4 block on the rear most body support on the outside on the frame. That will give you good access.

Reactions: Vasq
Interesting. I have brown dog rubber but they’re getting up there in age 🤔
I had the poly's, so your improvement might not be as dramatic as mine. I believe @taylormade73 went from brown dog rubber to MORE rubber and still noticed and improvement, if I'm remembering correctly. I know I read someone talking about it haha.

The offer is standing if it ends up being a pita, also have a plasma If you want to make really quick work of the brackets on the axle.
Ooo you are someone to know! 😂
And this time around I'm only moving the brackets on the frame, just to get my bump stops to line up.

Reactions: PNW Lj
If you want to lift the body, loosen and pull all the body mounts, including the grill. Then jack it up 4 inches or so and use a 4x4 block on the rear most body support on the outside on the frame. That will give you good access.
I was planning on doing something like that, but i didn't know how much the body would shift around. I am now leaning towards the sawlzall idea.

I had the poly's, so your improvement might not be as dramatic as mine. I believe @taylormade73 went from brown dog rubber to MORE rubber and still noticed and improvement, if I'm remembering correctly. I know I read someone talking about it haha.
I went from stock to MORE rubber and there are slight idle vibes while in drive with the brake pedal depressed that disappear once brake is released. No noticable vibes at idle in park or while accelerating or coasting.

I went from stock to MORE rubber and there are slight idle vibes while in drive with the brake pedal depressed that disappear once brake is released. No noticable vibes at idle in park or while accelerating or coasting.
Hmmm maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Sorry about that 😆

Reactions: taylormade73