Few updates:

- black max's shipped (woohoo)
- Bestop order shipped (rear shelf, don't laugh. I liked it)
- The Jeep looks WAY better with the rear OME trim spacer out.

IMG_8220.jpg

And best of all...
At the grocery store today; bunch of young guys in their early 20s and their bikini clad companions got a little razzled when the ladies oogled my Jeep and shouted compliments instead of caring about the lifted Xterra's they were riding in.
Made my day.

Few updates:

- black max's shipped (woohoo)
- Bestop order shipped (rear shelf, don't laugh. I liked it)
- The Jeep looks WAY better with the rear OME trim spacer out.

View attachment 264364

And best of all...
At the grocery store today; bunch of young guys in their early 20s and their bikini clad companions got a little razzled when the ladies oogled my Jeep and shouted compliments instead of caring about the lifted Xterra's they were riding in.
Made my day.
You da man!!! :cool:

Skyjacker Black Max's showed up (rear), very similar to the Rancho 5000x's. I'll need more seat time for that one.

Been running Bilstein 5100's for the last week since I damaged the Rancho's, and after a long first test drive I can already tell you that they are much softer (rear) and I think they're more enjoyable/comfortable.

Also, and this is clearly.. very scientific. I think the last little "extra" amount of rake is gone. I think the Bilsteins were causing it. This is at OCD level not any actual performance level.

And yes, another alley picture in front of my darling shack home..
IMG_8262.jpg

Because it feels weird not to have parts on order, and its almost my birthday, AND I wanted a victory lap... I just ordered something from Carolina Metal Masters. It's custom :cool:

The black max's in the rear are riding quite well. Still very similar to the Rancho's in my opinion. Gonna try to get a couple loaded up camping trips in before I recommend them to anyone.

okie, its nice seeing another higher milage TJ, I thought I was super lucky getting one with sub 200,000 miles but it seems like every one else has sub 100,000 miles, ah whatever its my first car its not supposed to be perfect

Reactions: DrDmoney and Vasq
okie, its nice seeing another higher milage TJ, I thought I was super lucky getting one with sub 200,000 miles but it seems like every one else has sub 100,000 miles, ah whatever its my first car its not supposed to be perfect
Yeah I bought mine when i was 19, and at the time it only had 86k (this was back in 2008). Now the mileage is just a badge of honor to me. I'll replace whatever breaks and keep it forever.

Mine is 164,000 and only had 3 on it when I got it

UCF belly skid is great so far, but to be honest I haven't really put it to the test at all. Engine skid seems quite nice as well but haven't installed yet.

Well with my frame issues I'm looking at just getting a new skid and if I'm gunna do that I might as well go aluminum with something on my pig of a Jeep. I'd get the DIY skid they offer since I have GR crossmembers.

The only thing I don't like about the engine skid is with the V-8 the drain hole isn't gunna be in the right spot. So with steel I could cut a new hole and weld up the old. With aluminum I'd have to take it to someone.

And I'm not sure how I'd add ribs to it either for strength.

https://undercoverfab.com/transfer-...al_thickness-3_8_thick_6061_t6_aluminum_plate

Reactions: Vasq
Well with my frame issues I'm looking at just getting a new skid and if I'm gunna do that I might as well go aluminum with something on my pig of a Jeep. I'd get the DIY skid they offer since I have GR crossmembers.

The only thing I don't like about the engine skid is with the V-8 the drain hole isn't gunna be in the right spot. So with steel I could cut a new hole and weld up the old. With aluminum I'd have to take it to someone.
The 3/8" alum definitely feels beefy. and the holes for the frame bolts had way more alignment room than my rokmen skid. ah that's right you have different mounting points. that diy kit looks pretty neat. Let me know if you need any measurments!

Reactions: Wildman
The 3/8" alum definitely feels beefy. and the holes for the frame bolts had way more alignment room than my rokmen skid. ah that's right you have different mounting points. that diy kit looks pretty neat. Let me know if you need any measurments!

I'd get the 1" drop so that would clear my t-case and other items. I think the Nth Degree one is 1.5" but will have to go check.
I wonder what the difference is between the 97-02 & 03-06 engine skid is?

I'd get the 1" drop so that would clear my t-case and other items. I think the Nth Degree one is 1.5" but will have to go check.
That i do not know as I'm in the same boat at you are, year wise. I have the "ultra" clearance one but i can measure it when I'm home to see if it equates to the 1" drop

Reactions: Wildman
If you look at the pictures they have a different shape where they mount to the transmission skid. Guessing it's due to the different transmission mount.

Early one
1630011150900.png

Later
1630011185617.png