Built Not Bought

My son just welded up this Y pipe for his K30 Truck. Did he build it? Im not sure since he bought straight pipe and flanges!

I might have added to the debate with my first reply to billiebob but I'd definitely call that a built Y pipe. It kinda reminds me of a wall someone built out of bricks (if they cut every brick to size).

I can so relate to the time strain of balancing a family and career. I went thirty years with no projects in the home shop. But now with the daughters out of college and married and retirement coming up, three years ago I decided to build a car. My brothers had got me a 63 260 4 speed Ranchero a couple of decades back that had been sitting in a barn ever since. I told the wife it was time to start on it. Having never really warmed up to that car she suggested we look for something else. We settled on a 56 f100. I really only get about four months of weekends in the winter to work on it but I am enjoying it. First I built an A frame hoist, then a pair of very heavy rotisseries, and a frame table. Bought another frame in case I screw up and got started. I had to narrow the frame to install a jag ft. end. The truck arm rear suspension I put in the back took way more work than I thought it would. Building the engine and transmission mounts now and then I need to finish boxing the frame. It is taking a long time and frankly some of the stuff looks a bit crude, but I am enjoying it. I can't honestly say when it will be finished. But when I get done I will be able to say I built it.

B
my f100 frame work 26.JPG
my f100 mock up engine 15.JPG

To me building it is half the hobby I have the tools and skills to build or rebuild almost anything on my projects. I buy a lot of parts make a lot of parts. I have restored many vehicles over my lifetime for me and others. It is a passion for me I would almost rather do the work than drive them. It is only the last few years I have been into Jeeping that I am truly beginning to go out and enjoy what I work on

I can so relate to the time strain of balancing a family and career. I went thirty years with no projects in the home shop. But now with the daughters out of college and married and retirement coming up, three years ago I decided to build a car. My brothers had got me a 63 260 4 speed Ranchero a couple of decades back that had been sitting in a barn ever since. I told the wife it was time to start on it. Having never really warmed up to that car she suggested we look for something else. We settled on a 56 f100. I really only get about four months of weekends in the winter to work on it but I am enjoying it. First I built an A frame hoist, then a pair of very heavy rotisseries, and a frame table. Bought another frame in case I screw up and got started. I had to narrow the frame to install a jag ft. end. The truck arm rear suspension I put in the back took way more work than I thought it would. Building the engine and transmission mounts now and then I need to finish boxing the frame. It is taking a long time and frankly some of the stuff looks a bit crude, but I am enjoying it. I can't honestly say when it will be finished. But when I get done I will be able to say I built it.

BView attachment 95446View attachment 95447
Nice work Sir