Buying wheels in Europe

SnowPatrol

Supporting Member
Newbie here - joined because of loads of good threads. Thanks for the add :)

I recently adopted a 2006 TJ 4.0 Sahara auto, which has a lot of issues and some rust, but I'm going to put some love into it and see where it goes. Not my daily driver, so no worries there.

Have gotten a 2.5" lift +1.25" body lift kit (Rough Country, not the best but a start), now getting wheels. Rusty useless things on it now.

It's not going to go much off road. Therefore, a questions for the professionals: Should I opt out of the cool looking tires with brutal treadpatterns, and go for something a little smoother with less noise?

I'm getting new rims and tires, and they need to be in Europe (too many issues with US imports, sadly). Anyone here have a recommendation for a EU-based supplier/shop in-the-know? I have been all over ebay.de, amazon here (yes with the UK support-code for this site) for the past month or so without any good results (apart from GForce in the UK who aren't responding to my questions). Any leads, please???

Last edited:
Hello, I’m actually going to G Force in the morning, if there is anything in particular you’d like me to ask them let me know :)

Reactions: SnowPatrol
Hello, I’m actually going to G Force in the morning, if there is anything in particular you’d like me to ask them let me know :)
Cool! I wrote back to them (they gave me a quote of around £195 for shipping and five rims+rubber for someting like £1400), and then failed to specify which tyre they would put on and then didn't answer further emails. Anything could have gone wrong, obviously - it was emails through my eBay account. I don't mind spending the cash but I'd like to do it right the first time and avoid having to swap tires one month in :-D So if they have a silent tire which performs well on-road to go with the Raceline Raptors combo I'll happily jump on that. Tempted to go with the 17" rims despite the somewhat negative comments around the larger rims. Thanks for jumping in btw :) :) :)

Reactions: Reign Mack
I imported my wheels from the america though ebay.com using the global shipping program.
You may have better luck just picking up the phone and giving GForce a ring, they are probably old school as their website looks like it was designed in the mid 90's. I would have thought RBS Handel based in munich would be able to help you?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Ok thanks, will try both the Munich shop and calling GForce... Seems Germany is easier to ship from than UK. We have some rather harsh customs rules in Denmark when it comes to US imports, otherwise that would have been the by far cheapest option...

We have some rather harsh customs rules in Denmark when it comes to US imports, otherwise that would have been the by far cheapest option...
Same here, but ebays international shipping programme seems to get around some of this may be worth looking into if you have not already used it before.

Reactions: SnowPatrol