Status
Not open for further replies.

Pullski

TJ Enthusiast
Hey y’all. I’m back at this place again. My $200 used catalytic converters have run their course. I’m losing the precat in bank 1. If anyone has a used one from a part out (particularly in CA) from a 2006 or similar TJ/LJ...I would be interested. I am really trying to avoid paying 900+ for a new CARB certified one. THANKS!

Hey y’all. I’m back at this place again. My $200 used catalytic converters have run their course. I’m losing the precat in bank 1. If anyone has a used one from a part out (particularly in CA) from a 2006 or similar TJ/LJ...I would be interested. I am really trying to avoid paying 900+ for a new CARB certified one. THANKS!
You already have used ones that are dying, why do you want that again? But, I've got a set here that you can have for the core charge. I wouldn't trust them to last any longer than what you put on. I'll verify condition if you like but I wouldn't do it.

You already have used ones that are dying, why do you want that again? But, I've got a set here that you can have for the core charge. I wouldn't trust them to last any longer than what you put on. I'll verify condition if you like but I wouldn't do it.
Any idea of the mileage?

Turns out my cats are glowing red hot...I’m thinking I might just throw in the towel and replace the sucker with a new one. Stupid CA CARB idiots
I checked all of them today. I would not be comfortable even giving you any of them.

I checked all of them today. I would not be comfortable even giving you any of them.
Thanks for looking! I’m trying to trace back to why it clogged in the first place...could a bad plug really cause the whole precat to plug?

I have the main cat from an 04 available. 84k miles. No issues. But obviously that's no guarantee how long it'll last. You'd still need to find the pre-cats.

Turns out my cats are glowing red hot...I’m thinking I might just throw in the towel and replace the sucker with a new one. Stupid CA CARB idiots
Good luck. Just did mine. The only CARB approved model I could find were Magnaflow. Had them installed a couple months ago. Passed smog today without issue. Yes, CA CARB sucks!

Mine were clogged because they broke apart and reformed into a ball ‘05 with approximately 72,000.

Good luck.

Good luck. Just did mine. The only CARB approved model I could find were Magnaflow. Had them installed a couple months ago. Passed smog today without issue. Yes, CA CARB sucks!

Mine were clogged because they broke apart and reformed into a ball ‘05 with approximately 72,000.

Good luck.
Yeah that’s the only one I can find...Magnaflow/Bosal...I might try a fuel system/catclean but I think it’s useless

Yeah that’s the only one I can find...Magnaflow/Bosal...I might try a fuel system/catclean but I think it’s useless
No way that would have alleviated my problem. Mine were broken apart and reassembled in a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.