Cabelas sold?

WTF!? Heard a rumor that Bass Pro Shops bought out Cabelas...

Anybody hear about this?

You didn’t know this? This is old news. I knew about this months ago. I figured you for sure would have!

It’s true though, Bass Pro bought em’ out.

Reactions: VallenMaes
You didn’t know this? This is old news. I knew about this months ago. I figured you for sure would have!

It’s true though, Bass Pro bought em’ out.
Yep Johnny Morris has got it going on. He owns Ranger boats as well, along side of Triton and Stratos.

Johnny aint living check to check......Started in the back of his dads liquor store with a small section selling fishing gear.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
I don't think they are closing the stores...at least not the ones that don't have direct competition from bass pro.

Gander mountain was also bought out... by camping world...and they ARE closing stores and reformatting the ones left.

Reactions: StG58
Cabela's just opened a store in Albuquerque last week - doesn't look like they are planning to change their branding any time soon.

Never did care much for the Beatles, now Cabelas I kind of liked. Especially the Gun Library. That was nice.

I suppose we're going to get bowling alleys now, and the Gun Library is going away.

No, the one here in Tualatin is going to stay Cabelas and remain how it is, that’s what I heard.

Reactions: StG58
Both the Cabelas and BPS websites have a faq about the merge if interested.
I'll check that out. Thanks!
No, the one here in Tualatin is going to stay Cabelas and remain how it is, that’s what I heard.
Nice! It's the closest one to me, and has a hunting rifle that I've been fondling for a couple of weeks. The Cabelas up in Lacy is the subject of a family pilgrimage every couple of months.

Reactions: Chris