California Will Start Testing for ECU Tunes During Smog Checks Starting Next Week

When we first moved to Oregon, my wife thought it was nice not to pump her own gas. After a month she realized how waiting for the attendant to pump your gas sucked a million times worse than self serve.
You want them to come running just swipe your card and fill on your own😆. Works for me when i go up there

Because dumacrats Know What's Best for the rest of us. It'll also add to their tax base fining everyone who fails.

yea, like living with your parents at 40 cause you cannot or do not know how to make your own life decisions.
Can't wait to get out of CA and the republicans somehow grow a pair and get back in the game.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Chris
You want them to come running just swipe your card and fill on your own😆. Works for me when i go up there
That always worked for me too! I would get out, start pumping, then they would immediately come running to let me know it wasn’t allowed. My usual response was, “Do they even pay you enough to care this much about your job?”.

That always worked for me too! I would get out, start pumping, then they would immediately come running to let me know it wasn’t allowed. My usual response was, “Do they even pay you enough to care this much about your job?”.
Same here! Didn't know and started pumping and guy didn't run, just saundered up and said hey you must not be from here. I kept pumping and he just leaned on the car and started telling me where all the breweries were but then he ended up taking over and said I best finish this before I get in trouble. Still find it dumb but whatever.

Reactions: Chris
Same here! Didn't know and started pumping and guy didn't run, just saundered up and said hey you must not be from here. I kept pumping and he just leaned on the car and started telling me where all the breweries were but then he ended up taking over and said I best finish this before I get in trouble. Still find it dumb but whatever.
I’m friends with numerous cops in Oregon. Every one of them has told me you can’t actually get in any real trouble for pumping your own gas unless you cause some serious damage or something else. It’s one of those laws that no one enforces. If you called a cop to report someone was pumping their own gas, 99% of the time the cops would never even show up. It’s a waste of the time, and understandably so.

Reactions: jeepins
I’m friends with numerous cops in Oregon. Every one of them has told me you can’t actually get in any real trouble for pumping your own gas unless you cause some serious damage or something else. It’s one of those laws that no one enforces. If you called a cop to report someone was pumping their own gas, 99% of the time the cops would never even show up. It’s a waste of the time, and understandably so.
Kinda figured it was more about who he was working for and I can't remember the station either. It was in Astoria. Guess it is a job kids could have if it's a requirement, not that kids want jobs these days.

Would a 4.6 stroker be flagged? Based on reviewing different builds I don't see where they talk about having it changed the ECU settings but maybe I'm wrong. Yet another reason to get the hell out of CA.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Would a 4.6 stroker be flagged? Based on reviewing different builds I don't see where they talk about having it changed the ECU settings but maybe I'm wrong. Yet another reason to get the hell out of CA.
You aren't supposed to change engine family type so as long as you build the stroker out of the right block you'll be fine. There isn't a reliable way for any tech to check the displacement of an engine and rebuilds increase displacement anyway, that's legal.

Reactions: GTERDN
I've been to OR once for a wedding several years ago. I dont remember not being able to pump. Probably because we flew into Seattle and drove. WHAT THE FUCK? YOU CANT PUMP YOUR OWN GAS?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?1/!?1?1?

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Flair
Oregon and NJ are the only two states that have this law.

Meh, I got a job pumping gas at 15 and did all through high school. It was a true “full service” station, like you saw in the 50’s and 60’s.

Pump gas, wash windows, check fluids, check tires. It was fun and people got a kick out of it from out of state. Worked my ass off and got a few tips. In the between rushes, owner had a towing business so I washed trucks, polished a LOT of aluminum and serviced state police cars and fed ex vans.

I really enjoyed the work.

Then I got diesel trucks and motorcycles and continued to pump my own fuel. Our local station let me pump non-ethnol into my boat and corvette. Been here my whole driving life so…meh. Doesn’t bother me.

Reactions: Apparition

Not sure, if the ECU isn’t flashed you’ll be fine. But I never built a stroker so not sure how they do it.

I was up in OR and WA for a few weeks and always pumped my own gas. First time when they can up to me, I'm like I can handle this. He jogged my memory so I got it. I just tell I've got a slow filler so I'll babysit it and they everything is good. My first "job" was 15.5 pumping gas at a full serve 76 in Northridge - where we actually learns to talk with others, count change up and willing to clean it again to be professional.