• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Camp chair suggestions?

tomtaylz

LJR Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Anyone have a camp chair they love?

Looking to get a new one and haven’t been blown away or overly impressed with quality with anything I’ve seen. I have a few in mind but thought I’d see what you guys are using.

OP
tomtaylz

tomtaylz

LJR Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'm an avid hiker. This site is legit. Every product reviewed by world class hikers and trekkers.

Yeah I use them a lot

TreverStevens

Knows enough to be dangerous
Supporting Member

I picked one up in the fall and it's absolutely amazing. Every time I take it to a cookout, camping, or whatever I'm so glad I got it. It breathes better than any other camp chair I've been in, lightweight, and best of all... COMFY!!! My parents sat in mine a couple weeks back and were highly impressed (they've never really found a camp/lawn chair they've liked). But they both commented on how breezy and comfortable it is. And my mom didn't have any issues sitting in it or getting out of it. She's kinda shorter and has bad knees, so that's often a point of conflict for her in these kinda chairs. They're a little pricey, but can be found highly discounted sometimes (I got mine for about $50 because it was a display model for a bit). They have a "deluxe" version (https://www.rei.com/product/128052/nemo-stargaze-recliner-luxury-chair) that comes at a higher price, but even more comfy since it has the headrest.

Reactions: tomtaylz

OldYeller

TJ Enthusiast
I like my Alps Mountaineering tent so I decided to try one of the tables and chairs they make.I love the table but I hate the chair, my thigh rubs on the bars and I feel a pressure point the entire time I'm in it.After spending $50 on a chair I hate I decided to go to the store and open chairs until I found what's comfortable to me.Now I'm using a Coleman chair or my hammock.

Jorge Bolivar

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
We have the ARB Camping chairs , all the 3 styles including the OME edition(not the director style). We travel with 2 of them all the time, Camping, trail rides, Bone fires, beach... You can test them on any 4WP store but Amazon has better prices for them unless you catch 4WP on a trade show sale for $42.00 or so.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RS67KL/?tag=wranglerorg-20

This is a real camping chair all around from the case to their construction.

Mr. Bills

TJ Addict
I use Frontrunner Expander chairs, purchased here:

51YMyAgHWcL._SL1024_.jpg

Here is me sitting in one at the Stevens Camp BLM cabin in northern Nevada, and a shot of how they stow away.

Getting Warm.jpg

Packed and ready to go 05 05 19.jpg

Mr. Bills

TJ Addict
Despite the many good products offered by REI, I cannot patronize the company in good conscience because its official policy is not to encourage or promote offroad motorized recreation and because REI donates millions of dollars each year to organizations whose avowed purpose is to restrict or eliminate offroading on public lands. These organizations include the Sierra Club, National Forest Foundation, The Wilderness Society, Center for Biological Diversity, California Wilderness Coalition (the lobbying group that actually wrote the legislative bills introduced by Senators Feinstein and Boxer that closed millions of acres in the California desert), Arizona Wilderness Coalition, Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance and others. REI also supports the Roadless Initiative which has the sole purpose of closing established jeep trails.

Jack72

TJ Enthusiast
Despite the many good products offered by REI, I cannot patronize the company in good conscience because its official policy is not to encourage or promote offroad motorized recreation and because REI donates millions of dollars each year to organizations whose avowed purpose is to restrict or eliminate offroading on public lands. These organizations include the Sierra Club, National Forest Foundation, The Wilderness Society, Center for Biological Diversity, California Wilderness Coalition (the lobbying group that actually wrote the legislative bills introduced by Senators Feinstein and Boxer that closed millions of acres in the California desert), Arizona Wilderness Coalition, Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance and others. REI also supports the Roadless Initiative which has the sole purpose of closing established jeep trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toximus

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
This probably isn't going to be a good fit based on your profile picture, but for other people looking, if you have trees an ENO hammock packs down small and if comfy.

Reactions: IPerkWVU and Wojo16
OP
tomtaylz

tomtaylz

LJR Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This probably isn't going to be a good fit based on your profile picture, but for other people looking, if you have trees an ENO hammock packs down small and if comfy.
Hah I was just talking to @Alex01 about this yesterday, when I have a hammock tent and loved it when I was on the east coast, haven’t used it much since moving out west though.

Reactions: Wojo16 and Alex01

bobthetj03

vibrajeep
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner

View attachment 104741

Here is me sitting in one at the Stevens Camp BLM cabin in northern Nevada, and a shot of how they stow away.

View attachment 104707

View attachment 104708
Can you tell me more about that stove you have pictured in your gear assortment?

Mr. Bills

TJ Addict
Can you tell me more about that stove you have pictured in your gear assortment?
Gas One GS-800P 7200 BTU dual fuel single burner

71XtYfkRXLL._SL1500_.jpg

qslim

Try putting a torch on it
Supporting Member
Gas One GS-800P 7200 BTU dual fuel single burner

View attachment 104777
Picked up one of those last year, it works really well

DrDmoney

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member

DrDmoney

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member

View attachment 104741

View attachment 104707

View attachment 104708
X2, I bought the Front Runners after seeing them in one of @Mr. Bills posts. They are definitely what I consider quality chairs. I was so tired of buying the uncomfortable disposable ones. They are pricey and the storage bag is sold separately but it’s a must have.

afmoto

DURTY TJ
Supporting Member
I just recently picked up a Cascade Mountain ultralight chair from Costco; they sell a 2-pack online for $65 but I bought a single in-store and I think it was $25. I tried it out and it's extremely comfortable but I think the best part is that it packs down so small, just a tad longer than a 2-liter bottle of soda. It's now permanently stashed away in my Jeep.