Camp Toad on a Wrangler?

exjeep

I plan on being able to sleep in the back of my TJ :oops:. I realize this has probably been beat to death by others but for those willing to suffer through another one......
I will be doing a future YT video of the setup of a Camp Toad (SUV style tent) while out camping. I built a small platform with a drawer for a few camping essentials and tools. The plan will be to have a folding section that will extend the sleeping area all the way up to the passenger seat when the seat is folded forward. Planning on a 70" sleeping area (diagonally). The Camp Toad will allow a bug free (hopefully bug free anyways) and a place to sit and stand out of the elements. The Camp Toad is designed for a small to medium SUV like an Outback so it will be interesting to see how it works with the TJ. Few pictures of its initial setup in the garage. It goes up quick and does not require poles, however poles are provided as they assist with a better fit for the rain fly. It seems like it will work well and initial thoughts on the construction quality for this latest gen model is that it is well made. Designed by a guy here in the states.

File_000 (29).jpeg

I plan on being able to sleep in the back of my TJ :oops:. I realize this has probably been beat to death by others but for those willing to suffer through another one......
I will be doing a future YT video of the setup of a Camp Toad (SUV style tent) while out camping. I built a small platform with a drawer for a few camping essentials and tools. The plan will be to have a folding section that will extend the sleeping area all the way up to the passenger seat when the seat is folded forward. Planning on a 70" sleeping area (diagonally). The Camp Toad will allow a bug free (hopefully bug free anyways) and a place to sit and stand out of the elements. The Camp Toad is designed for a small to medium SUV like an Outback so it will be interesting to see how it works with the TJ. Few pictures of its initial setup in the garage. It goes up quick and does not require poles, however poles are provided as they assist with a better fit for the rain fly. It seems like it will work well and initial thoughts on the construction quality for this latest gen model is that it is well made. Designed by a guy here in the states.

View attachment 411059

I don’t see anything wrong with it - Certainly looks like it’s going to be light and pack up tight - I’ve seen some guys rig a board that extends out the back of a TJ to sleep on.

I've seen guys use a hammock diagonally in a TJ from a front corner to a rear corner to get enough space...

It seems like it will work well and initial thoughts on the construction quality for this latest gen model is that it is well made.

I tried sleeping in my LJ once for a short notice camping / wheeling trip.
The biggest issue was I had to unload everything for there to be room for me.
Climbing in and out through the passenger door sucked too.
I'd be interested on hearing how it works out in the real world.
Especially, if you have to re-setup multiple nights in a row.

Have you thought about a tailgate table?

View attachment 411470

Yes, my plan was to add a DIY tailgate table but I ended up building my bed platform a bit to long to still fit a table top. The one you show might actually fit with the platform though. I need to check out some measurements. Is that the Rough Country table you show? Thank you!