Camper King USA hard top review

1945GPW

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Please read the entire thread before making decision to buy as I end up returning the top because it leaked water from the cheap window seals and back door. Getting my money back was a nightmare and communication from the company was horrible.

I don’t recommend this company.

Figured I’d start a new thread for the review.

So I finally got the hard top yesterday, the side glass and sun roof were on back order plus the holidays made it take a little longer to get. Here are a couple pictures of how it was shipped ( minus being wrapped in plastic). They use YRC freight so can ship pretty much anywhere they have a hub. I only had to drive an hour to pick it up, cost me 250 for shipping.

I’m going to install it tomorrow so I’ll get some good pictures of it. So far I’m impressed with it. Color seems perfect and I’m digging the sun roof.

EE6331C8-0392-4F4E-96B2-F0FAB99C4DEC.jpeg

57271781-77B5-4117-8884-F189FDA982F3.jpeg

12A38B3A-FE69-4821-B59C-380CE2EE717D.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh man, can't wait to hear how you like it and see photos!

I'm impressed that only cost $250 to ship!

Post it man ....tell us all about it . I'm getting one next Saturday if I stay on track .

I got all excited when I saw the thread title...then saw photos of a crate and a cardboard box...you're killing us here...that's like buying a ticket to the World Series to stand outside the stadium and listen to the game on the PA system.:singer:

I have the Camper King top on my Jeep. They're in Chula Vista, which is just down the road from me, so I stopped by and picked one up instead of having it shipped.

I like the quality of the top and the windows. The head liner is actually really nice. The hardware for the top and rear window is pretty basic, but it gets the job done.

I don't like the seals and weatherstrip they use, although maybe you'll get something different in the box than I got when I picked it up. There's a cheap fix for that, though. Just pick up some good camper seal from the hardware store.

All told, I think the Camper King top is a fantastic deal. You're getting a nice hard top for a heck of a lot less than anywhere else.

Hope you like yours!

I have the Camper King top on my Jeep. They're in Chula Vista, which is just down the road from me, so I stopped by and picked one up instead of having it shipped.

I like the quality of the top and the windows. The head liner is actually really nice. The hardware for the top and rear window is pretty basic, but it gets the job done.

I don't like the seals and weatherstrip they use, although maybe you'll get something different in the box than I got when I picked it up. There's a cheap fix for that, though. Just pick up some good camper seal from the hardware store.

All told, I think the Camper King top is a fantastic deal. You're getting a nice hard top for a heck of a lot less than anywhere else.

Hope you like yours!
Maybe we can see what your top looks like?

Here are a few pictures of the hard top. It’s still To cold outside to start installing it, hopefully in a couple hrs. The color code for mine is BDL. Supposedly it’s one of three khaki colors for my vin number. I’ll post the color chart they sent me as well.

316564CC-EF58-4281-8069-264C115B352A.jpeg

92458D36-7307-4BF4-815A-1151728FB854.jpeg

5F74A900-05D4-42E1-9BBD-802619A43FBB.jpeg

48E54394-EC2F-40B0-AD7D-69C9A2B0E3F5.jpeg

D480BA16-F0BA-465C-991A-08063D41B0A8.jpeg

7E190387-B714-410B-BDEB-9FCB954272B6.jpeg

F753197D-87F0-4160-8037-CD881688E511.jpeg

Loving the lined interior, and the color. Mixed feelings on the rear hatch. Interested to see how that mates up with the tailgate.

yeah I’m curious how the tail gate and door are going to seal up. It looks like it’s designed for the tail gate to close first but with the spare tire obviously that won’t work so will see.

Getting close to put it on

EACCC259-5F0F-4E1D-AA0A-726E6C80E863.jpeg

I’m curious how the tail gate and door are going to seal up. It looks like it’s designed for the tail gate to close first but with the spare tire obviously that won’t work so will see.
You close the rear window first, then the tailgate. Then you pop the window seal back over the tailgate by pulling the window out a bit.

Unless you live in SoCal where it never rains. :)

Your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Rubicon. I think that is the longest title ever given to a Jeep!
A fellow club member owns one. Sweet rig. One of my favorites.

I like the fact that it is lined on the inside!
The liner while nice is a byproduct of necessity due to the manufacturing process. That is a chopper gun fiberglass with a rolled interior finish that is rough and needs something to hide the mess. The stiffening panels are likely honeycomb cardboard with a layer of mat over them and rolled. Very similar to how you rolled in the sound deadening mat.
I wish they would use glue in glass instead of gasket set. The gasket set side windows don't add any structural integrity to the sides of the top and that allows them to be a lot more flexible when you push on them right below the glass than they would be if they were glue in.

This shows how a chopper gun works, you can dig around and find video of them rolling it after it is sprayed.

Reactions: Fonz54 and Chris